Opened Quicken and some account names were changed to N/A

Options
DHori
DHori Member

Anyone with this issue or solution. So many issues since I purchased this Quicken annual subscription.

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @DHori,

To start with, I suggest that you please try validating and/or super validating your data file. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate: 

1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, proceed to Super Validate. If the issue is resolved after performing validation, then please disregard the instructions to Super Validate. 

Super Validate:

1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• DHori
    DHori Member
    Options

Still no change. Some accounts have an N/A name.

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

This is a database corruption issue.

If Validate and SuperValidate didn't help … your only other choice is to restore from backups (starting with the most recent and working backwards) until you find one that doesn't exhibit the problem.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• DHori
    DHori Member
    Options

Thank you. Is there a reason that I am having corruption issues? I was never having these problems in the past.

• Ken117
    Ken117 Member ✭✭
    Options

What is triggering this? I do not perform online downloads and do not sync any accounts. I've manually entered all my transactions for over 20 years and I open quicken today with many account names changed to N/A as well as Payees. I don't have any renaming rules either. I've noticed that some features have gradually dropped off over time and it's apparent that you continue to edit even stand alone versions. How can this be prevented?

This discussion has been closed.