Wells Fargo Web Connect incorrect Payee information

Options
M9287
M9287 Member

I have used Quicken to manage my Wells Fargo accounts for 20+ years and it has always downloaded the payee name without issues. Starting with the recent changes in the way Wells Fargo downloads information to Quicken, I am now getting Purchase Authorized on … downloaded into the Payee field and not the vendor name. This then requires that I review the Wells Fargo website for the vendor and manually update the name of the payee in Quicken.

This should be something that Quicken can work out with Wells Fargo so we can forgo the looking up the payee and manually inputting the name into Quicken.

Any Suggestions for the community?

Comments

• M9287
    M9287 Member
    Options

This is a screen shot from Wells Fargo. The "Purchase Authorized on 12/27 S" is what downloads into the Payee field in Quicken along with the date and the amount.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @M9287,

To assist with this issue, please provide more information. About what date did you first notice this issue started? Is this happening to all of your transactions from Wells Fargo, or only some of them? Is this affecting any transactions from other financial institutions, or just transactions from Wells Fargo?

Have you checked your renaming rules to see if Quicken possibly learned an overly general rule that would be causing this? You can check that in Quicken for Windows by going to Tools>Renaming Rules. In Quicken for Mac, you would go to Windows>Payees & Rules.

I look forward to your reply!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• M9287
    M9287 Member
    Options

Here is todays download from WF Checking and you can see that it is downloading the first portion of the WF activity field but missing the vendor information. I checked the remaining rules and there are no rules there. I only have one checking account which I download data from Wells Fargo. The issue began about a month ago when the update to the new Well Fargo connect system started.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Your profile says you are using Quicken Mac, the thread is Quicken Mac, but that register screenshot is Quicken Windows in 2-line mode, which Quicken Mac doesn't have.

As for Wells Fargo putting useless information at the beginning of the payee and truncating it, that is a known problem with Wells Fargo and the new Express Web Connect + connection type.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.