Quicken Cloud Sync is hanging

Options
sfisher899
sfisher899 Member

On either a manual or automatic sync, the process will hang up and I am forced to close the application manually. I have tried resetting my cloud data but the problem still persists.

However, the data syncs from the desktop to the Mobile app but not visa versa which is the whole reason for having a mobile app

Best Answer

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello All,

To troubleshoot this issue, I recommend that you try resetting the Quicken Cloud. To do that, go to Edit>Preferences>Mobile & Web. Then click the blue Reset your cloud data link (Note: If you have Sync turned off, you will not see this option. You would need to turn Sync On, click OK, then navigate back to Edit>Preferences>Mobile & Web to be able to reset the cloud.).

Once the cloud reset completes, test to see if the issue is resolved.

Let me know how it goes!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @sfisher899,

At what point does the Cloud Sync process hang? Do you receive any error codes or messages? When did this issue begin to occur?

Thanks!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• sfisher899
    sfisher899 Member
    Options

The initial issue was that my revised budget reverted back to prior year. I did a restore from a backup which fixed the budget issue but caused the cloud sync to hang when I exited Quicken. Since then, I did another restore and the sync is now working but my budget numbers keep reverting back to prior year. Do we know why this budget bug is happening? As of right now, I have turned off sync which unfortunately loses the functionality of using the mobile app when I am traveling.

• Brian R Beebe
    Brian R Beebe Member ✭✭
    Options

Today, I completed my budget for FY2024 and was attempting to sync with the cloud when the sync was frozen during the "Transaction Download" phase. After ten minutes with no changes from the "spinning circle" I attempted to click on Quicken itself and MS Windows broke in stating that Quicken Windows was not responding. After restarting Quicken, the same thing has happened repeatedly now for 4 attempts. My Quicken windows file is OK, and my budget for FY24 is not changed. In addition the 2024 Budget is now on the QUICKEN Mobile, so the data transferred to the cloud. I have not performed any Mobile entries as of this time, but will attempt some later today and see of they transfer even though the cloud sync app process is continuing to hang up (which, even though it is hanging up, it may be finishing all transfers and not disconnecting correctly, maybe?).

• sfisher899
    sfisher899 Member
    Options

I had the exact same experience. Also, transactions from mobile to the desktop DID NOT transfer over! Defeats the purpose of having the mobile app. I currently have sync turned OFF. It appears this is a known issue for some time and not being addressed.

• Brian R Beebe
    Brian R Beebe Member ✭✭
    Options

Jasmine, I went ahead and entered items into the Quicken Mobile and then other entries into the Quicken Windows and then performed a cloud sync. The Quicken Windows hung up again and eventually MS Windows came back in and stated that Quicken Windows had stopped responding. I had to end the Quicken Windows program again. When I restarted the Quicken Windows, the entry I entered into the Mobile APP had showed up. Also, I opened Quicken mobile and the entry I had entered into Quicken Windows had shown up into the Quicken Mobile. So, the data is going back and forth, but Quicken Windows is now getting hung up every time I perform a cloud sync. I tried 4 more times to perform a cloud sync and each time Quicken windows hangs up and MS Windows come in after about 4 minutes and states that Quicken Windows is no longer responding.

So, my ultimate symptoms are different from sfisher899 (I am getting data transfer back and forth, while sfisher899 is not), however, my initiating trigger is the same. Created my new FY2024 budget and my next cloud sync (and every cloud sync since) hangs up.

Would greatly appreciate any help on this as the cloud sync is a great benefit that I really appreciate having.

Thank you.

• normanvv
    normanvv Unconfirmed ✭✭
    Options

I have the same thing going on. Long time user and this issue started about 10 days ago. Hangs on "transactions" and I have to ultimately force quit. I have turned off cloud sync and my normal bank transactions work fine. Done reset's and all and still nothing. It Hangs….

• normanvv
    normanvv Unconfirmed ✭✭
    Options

PS: This is not on Beta Version.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello All,

To troubleshoot this issue, I recommend that you try resetting the Quicken Cloud. To do that, go to Edit>Preferences>Mobile & Web. Then click the blue Reset your cloud data link (Note: If you have Sync turned off, you will not see this option. You would need to turn Sync On, click OK, then navigate back to Edit>Preferences>Mobile & Web to be able to reset the cloud.).

Once the cloud reset completes, test to see if the issue is resolved.

Let me know how it goes!

Quicken Kristina

• sfisher899
    sfisher899 Member
    Options

I have tried that once before and my 2024 budget reverted back to 2023. Any clue on why that would happen?

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

To clarify, did the budget revert in the mobile/web companion apps or did it revert in the desktop app? A cloud reset should just clear out the information stored in the cloud, then re-upload the information from the desktop app.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• sfisher899
    sfisher899 Member
    Options

It reverted in my desktop app. Personally, I only use the mobile app for manual entry of credit transaction when I am away traveling,

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached and (if you are willing) a sanitized copy of your data file in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience!

Thank you.    

Quicken Kristina

• Brian R Beebe
    Brian R Beebe Member ✭✭
    Options

Kristina,

I have submitted 2 sets of data on my last two Cloud Sync issues (both occurring today) as requested. I have not yet attempted to reset the cloud since my data is transferring between Quicken Mobile and Quicken Windows. Quicken Windows is just hanging up every time.

• Brian R Beebe
    Brian R Beebe Member ✭✭
    Options

Kristina,

I attempted again to cloud sync as follows:

1. Started up Quicken Windows and ran Cloud Sync.
      1. The above issue occurred again.
      2. Once MS Windows shutdown Quicken Windows I then restarted Quicken Windows and sent all the requested files into Quicken "Report a problem". I could not send the sanitized data file as the file was larger than Quicken Windows allows to be sent in the Report A Problem feature (>200MB).
      3. I then checked both Quicken Windows and Quicken Mobile, and all data that was on Quicken Mobile since my last sync was now on Quicken Windows, so the transfer happened in the Mobile to Windows direction.
    2. I then completed my work in Quicken Windows and attempted a Cloud Sync again.
      1. The above issue occurred again.
      2. Once MS Windows shutdown Quicken Windows I then restarted Quicken Windows and, again, sent all the files into Quicken "Report a problem" (except, again, for the sanitized data file as it is too large).
      3. I then checked both Quicken Windows and Quicken Mobile, and all data that was on Quicken Windows since my earlier sync was now on Quicken Mobile, and so the transferred happened in the Windows to Mobile direction.
    3. As stated earlier, the data is transferring in both directions (Quicken Windows to Quicken Mobile and Quicken Mobile to Quicken Windows), but the process hangs up every Cloud Sync Attempt and must be closed (even waiting for 15 minutes) by MS Windows shutting Quicken Windows down.
    4. I did not attempt (yet) to reset the Quicken Cloud as I am waiting for the Quicken Research Team to look into it since my data is transferring back and forth (it is just a hassle to restart Quicken Windows every time I Sync the Cloud).

Thank you again for pushing this up to the Quicken Research Team.

• sfisher899
    sfisher899 Member
    Options

I did the cloud reset this morning and everything appears to be working as expected. I was able to sync between my mobile and desktop and visa versa. So far my budget is not reverting back to 2023. Yeah!!!!

This discussion has been closed.