Fishermjk Member ✭✭

Receiving OFX 16503 Error from attempting to connect to Merrill Lynch Accounts

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello All,

This issue has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA on resolution at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Fishermjk
    Fishermjk Member ✭✭
    Options

This is occurring on Quicken Classic for Mac

• Fishermjk
    Fishermjk Member ✭✭
    Options

Premier - Version 7.4.2 (Build 704.51578.100) macOS 14.1.2

• Eli Sherer
    Eli Sherer Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Same same… OFX Error: 16503 when trying to update Merrill on both Mac and Windows!

• reakers55
    reakers55 Member ✭✭
    Options

I am seeing error also Will not let me rebuild link

• DEWVLW
    DEWVLW Member
    Options

Received the same error code 16503 on Quicken for Mac, no updates as a result.

• RetiredInDelaware
    Options

Add me to the list of people not being able to update Merrill accounts with OFX-16503 error.

• RetiredInDelaware
    Options

I should have added that this is with Quicken Classic Deluxe, Version 7.4.2 (Build 704.51578.100), macOS 12.7.2

• RetiredInDelaware
    Options

Receiving OFX 16503 Error from attempting to connect to Merrill Lynch Accounts with Quicken Classic Deluxe, Version 7.4.2 (Build 704.51578.100), macOS 12.7.2

• joebobevans
    joebobevans Member
    Options

Same error here as well. Any update on a resolution to this issue?

• jlgg
    jlgg Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Same here. Several identical postings on the Quicken Classic for Windows forum

• reakers55
    reakers55 Member ✭✭
    Options

I have same issue neither Merrill or quicken support were helpful. I did get a ticket open with quicken only to be told to call back Friday.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

When using Direct Connect, the connection is directly between Quicken (the program) and the financial institution. Given that neither Quicken Mac or Quicken Windows have changes and that both are experiencing the same problem it basically a 100% sure the problem is at Merrill Lynch.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 3
    Options

The fix is to wait for Merrill Lynch to fix the problem, or if available, used the workaround of downloading and importing the Web Connect/QFX file from the Merrill Lynch website.

Signature:
  • RetiredInDelaware
    Options

I'm doing the same as @Chris_QPW suggests. I'm downloading QFX files until a fix is found. I tend to agree that the problem is on the Merrill Lynch side.

• donkaegi
    donkaegi Member
    Options

Same problem connecting to Merrill on Quicken classic for Mac. Not sure how to proceed since it seems other users have tried both Quicken and Classic.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Until Merrill Lynch fixes the problem you can go to their website and download and import the Web Connect/QFX file.

Signature:
  • aalgra
    aalgra Member ✭✭
    Options

Same issue here, not able to update my ML accounts since yesterday morning.

• asteinberg001
    asteinberg001 Member ✭✭
    Options

ML Connection issue still occcurring since January 3, now 24 hours later (Jan 4), Quicken Classic Mac OS 14.2.1. Is this a Quicken or ML issue? Which org is acknowledging issue and resolving?

• Quicken Anja
    Options

Hello All,

We will be forwarding this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. However, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem within your Quicken program and submit a problem report with log files and screenshots attached in order to contribute to the investigation. It would also aid the investigation to include a sanitized file when submitting the problem report. A sanitized file is a data file that removes personally identifiable information so you can comfortably share this file with the Quicken team.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

-Quicken Anja

• tfhoughton
    tfhoughton Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Started getting this error yesterday on Windows 11. Quicken version: R53.32 27.1.53.32

During the last online session, Quicken encountered an online error [OL-294-A].

Called Merrill support. They had no knowledge of Quicken or any connection issues.

Sent a report to Quicken support.

Tom

• m.ellis
    m.ellis Member
    Options

Same issue here.

• reakers55
    reakers55 Member ✭✭
    Options

I have opened a ticket with quicken and Merrill just sends me back to quicken. I have done the report a problem multiple times also. When will quicken support follow up on this issue

• belangert
    belangert Unconfirmed, Member ✭✭
    Options

Getting same OL-294-A Error message when trying to download Merrill Lynch transactions

• Centuryny
    Centuryny Member ✭✭
    Options

Add me to the list. Went back to OLD SCHOOL imports. Not fun especially with End of the year activity. Hopefully Quicken tech support is reaching out to Merrill on behalf of its clients. No problem on the Bank of America side.

• Fishermjk
    Fishermjk Member ✭✭
    Options

24 Hours later….still have issue.

• werks
    werks Member ✭✭
    Options

Same issue. I believe it downloaded correctly once this morning before the connection error resumed.

• Art Masson
    Art Masson Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 4
    Options

I've experienced this since 1/3, but it may have started earlier. My last successful connection was on 12/30. I reported the error through the Quicken Application this morning. Sorry…wrong post. I am using Quicken for Windows and getting the error.

• Quicken Anja
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello All,

This issue has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA on resolution at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.

-Quicken Anja

• jdemetro
    jdemetro Member
    Options

Same issue. I'm also using another software program and having the same connection issue so I'm certain it's Merrill Lynch.

This discussion has been closed.