Options

Answers

• RD2209
    RD2209 Member ✭✭
    Options

Same Issue

1. sent logs and reported to Quicken this morning
    2. Spoken to support > they told me its a ML issue
    3. Spoke to ML > They say its a Quicken issue > also there are other posts where customers from other fin institutions faced the same issue ( eg Vanguard)
    4. Quicken Posts above dont seem to suggest any resolution or when problem will be fixed.

• MG99
    MG99 Member ✭✭
    Options

having same issues, but old school downloads work for now.

• deliusfan
    deliusfan Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Oh I just found the link for manual downloading in the meantime; on your holdings page on Merrill there's an export link, and there's a more options button so you can specify Quicken.

• salda
    salda Member ✭✭
    Options

I am having the same issue with Merrill on quicken for mac Version 7.4.2 (Build 704.51578.100) - macOS 14.1.2

• ddap
    ddap Member ✭✭
    edited January 4
    Options

Same issue for me Merrill on quicken for mac Version 7.4.2 (Build 704.51578.100) - macOS 14.1.2.

• jkozmo
    jkozmo Member
    Options

Same here. OFX error 16503 on Quicken Classic for Mac

• JayDC
    JayDC Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I am having problems with Merrill as well. Thought I had it resolved yesterday after speaking to Quicken Rep, however, I have found that Quicken is downloading many transactions that essentially "zero out". In Memo it says "Reflect Share Balance as Downloaded". I tried to delete these transactions but when I connected to Merrill again, it replaced them with the same transactions. In addition, the balance of the account on Quicken is off from the balance of the account with Merrill. This has to do with the cash in the account being duplicated as a share in Merrill Direct Deposit. In other words, it views this cash as both cash and as shares in the Direct Deposit. Furthermore, in order to "reveal transactions", I have to use the Option Key to do so. Beforehand Transactions would always be available. Anyone having similar problems?

• JayDC
    JayDC Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Regarding my previous post, here are two screenshots. The actual balance of the account is $1722.09. Quicken shows it as $2690.09. The reason is that Quicken shows a transaction Adding Shares ML Direct Deposit Program for $968.00. That is the error amount. Now my Portfolio View shows $968.00 in ML Direct Deposit Shares and $968.61 in Cash (the $.61 being the remainder of equal dollars). To further explain, all the transactions checked in orange as "not reviewed" are the ones that were added, that actually did not happen on my Merrill Account. Again, can't delete these as the next download will simply add them back again. Help!

• dlhan85
    dlhan85 Member ✭✭
    Options

I have Fidelity, Vanguard and Merrill accounts. Only problem (as of 8:45 AM EST on 01/05/2024) is with Merrill, others connecting correctly.

• Cruz
    Cruz Member ✭✭
    Options

Same issue happening with me. Last successful connection to Merrill Lynch was Dec 31. Since Jan 3 I have been getting this message: "There was an unknown error trying to update this connection. Please try again later. (16503)". On the details it shows "HTTP-503 Error from Merrill Lynch Investments". I hope you guys can figure this out ASAP as this is my main account and most of my transactions come from this FI.

• Cruz
    Cruz Member ✭✭
    Options

Forgot to mention: Quicken Classic Premier, Version 7.4.2 (Build 704.51578.100), macOS 14.2.1 (Quicken for mac)

• Tom from Herndon
    Tom from Herndon Member ✭✭
    Options

I have the same issue. Just waiting patiently.

• JayDC
    JayDC Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Does anyone have the issue with the extraneous transactions being downloaded as I have noted above.

• joebobevans
    joebobevans Member
    Options

Any update on this issue?

• Wflemming
    Wflemming Member ✭✭
    Options

Same problem as reported above. I hope this is escalted.

• Barry Nelson
    Barry Nelson Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Merrill Lynch Investments. Quicken encountered an online error [OL-294-A].  Reported this problem to Quicken on Jan 3, 4, 5. Windows 11. Quicken version: R53.32 27.1.53.32

• Pat Sills
    Pat Sills Member ✭✭
    Options

me too with Quicken for Windows latest version. no downloads after New Years Day. I hope Quicken and Merrill stop finger-pointing and get this fixed ASAP.

Ken

• muraliA
    muraliA Member
    Options

Same issue for me. This is very furstrating. Rnning Quicken Premier MAC subscription. Please expedite the resolution.

• gofalcons83
    gofalcons83 Member
    Options

having same issue running Quicken Premier version 7.4.2 on Mac.

• jdemetro
    jdemetro Member
    Options

Merrill Lynch web connect is now working with my other financial software for Mac but still getting same error message (16503) when I try to connect with Quicken.

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @jdemetro,

This issue has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA on resolution at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• BillG1
    BillG1 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Same issue. Bounced back and forth since 1/2. Now I have to wait until Monday to call them.

- Bill
    Quicken Subscription - Windows 10 Insider Quicken user for over 15 years
  • jkozmo
    jkozmo Member
    Options

This is beyond ridiculous. These two companies need to get together and fix this

• jcoley2
    jcoley2 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Same here. Version R53.32, Build 27.1.53.32

• JSS
    JSS Member ✭✭
    Options

Is they're an alternative program to Quicken Microsoft money used to be one but it's no longer available these problems with Quicken are getting to be way too common and for communication is ridiculous if service is this bad how can we trust their security

• LarryW54
    LarryW54 Member ✭✭
    Options

I am on Windows and decided to stop working. Tried a Reset and Trie to start over again.
    If I pay a fee to use tihs, you should be working on this problem full time, ans well as the other
    problem such as balancing agfainst downloaded transactions in a Bill Pay.

• pointtraveler
    pointtraveler Member ✭✭
    Options

Also having same issue with Quicken premier. Attempt login to Merrill, Jan 6 and Jan 7. Reported issue to Quicken. System updated to latest update.

• rlscott98
    rlscott98 Member
    Options

I'm having the same issue with connection to Merrill Lynch. Started around the first of the year.

I have noticed that this is a trend with quicken. last year it was etrade and a few others that would have connection issues. Starting to look for quicken alternatives.

• grotman
    grotman Member
    Options

Like everybody I can connect from quicken classic for Mac to Merrill since dec 31. No issues connecting with BOA. why no word from quicken and/or ML. This is a paid service. and when chatting with quicken the agents don't know that we have this issue ( bad communication internally)

• dchantry1
    dchantry1 Member
    Options

Same 16503 error for me. Last successful connection to Merrill was on 12/31. No issues with BOA. Quicken Classic Deluxe for Max Ver 7.4.2 MAC OS 14.0

This discussion has been closed.