Costco Visa connections on Mac Quicken

Options
JJSmac
JJSmac Member ✭✭

There were a lot of discussions on this topic of download transactions stopping and not being able to reconnect via various solutions. Well, I've tried multiple connections and even using Citibank site to allow my desktop app to connect, and Quicken doesn't. Not sure why Quicken closed the discussions, because this is obviously not solved on Quicken's end. It was working fine for years and stopped last Oct. 2023 with no solution provided. I tried connecting via iFinance app and Citibank connection worked fine, so it's obviously a Quicken issue.

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

For me on Quicken Windows, using "Citi Cards" as the bank name for my Costco VISA card has always worked, despite all the problems with Citi Checking and Savings accounts.
    When attempting to activate on Citi Cards, do be sure to select "Direct Connect" as the connection method.

• JJSmac
    JJSmac Member ✭✭
    Options

That used to work for me too, until it just stopped!

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

What's happening now? Any error messages, error codes? Are you sure the credit card account is connected to Citi Cards using Direct Connect?

• JJSmac
    JJSmac Member ✭✭
    Options

Of course the credit card account is connected to Citi cards, it worked for years on Quicken, then just stopped. Giving me error codes like "An unexpected error occurred, Care Code FDP-102". When I set it my Citi Visa account with iFinance app it synced fine.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If you're 100% sure and you have verified that your account really is connected to Citi Cards and using Direct Connect,

If you haven't done so already, I'd say it's time to call Quicken Support on the phone during posted hours of operation and re[port this as an Online Banking Issue. Let them do a screen share session with you to review the situation on your computer, to determine the nature of the problem and to figure out how to fix it.

Quicken Support:

• JJSmac
    JJSmac Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks for the comment. But I did contact Quicken Support last November (was not a toll free number) and was on the phone for almost 1 hour and 30 minutes, did the screen share and we tried other ways, they kept elevating it to a higher (smarter?) phone contact, but in the end, they said it was Citi bank's issue. I contacted Citibank who remarked that it was Quicken software. As I mentioned, I just tried the iFinance app and it downloaded all my Citi bank credit care info easily. It's obviously a Quicken issue that they can't or don't know how to fix, and in the meantime it's very frustrating.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

FDP-102 is Quicken Connect error. You aren't using Direct Connect.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • JJSmac
    JJSmac Member ✭✭
    Options

Doesn't matter what connection I try, it doesn't work with either.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Things have changed since when this thread was started (the change has happened because of the Citi migration to Express Web Connect + and R54.9). This thread has more about it:

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Treville
    Treville Member ✭✭
    Options

This is a known issue and was caused by updating to a new connection type. There was a notice about the change. Here’s a post updated today that says they are still working on it.

This discussion has been closed.