Add some add'l Sub totals on Holding Screen and Portfolio Screen (Securities Vs Cash/Like)

Options
BRETTB
BRETTB Member ✭✭✭✭
edited January 6 in Investments

When I quickly checking totals against a statement or online screen view, it would be nice to see a total on the Quicken Holding Screen and Portfolio Screen where it gives a sub total for securities then a sub total with Cash/MM/Cash like Mutual Funds.

Right now if you have a cash like mutual fund it groups it with securities and the total is for securities and cash. I would like the option to mark a mutual fund as cash like and have a subtotal for securities, cash like accounts then a total for all together (cash & securities which quicken has now.)

1 votes

Reviewed · Last Updated

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @BRETTB,

Since you're asking for a change to the existing functionality, I converted your post to an Idea. Ideas that get enough votes may be implemented in future versions of Quicken.

Thank you!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

On those portfolio views, have you tried grouping by Security Type?

Or are you asking for a second level grouping, like first by account and then by type?

• BRETTB
    BRETTB Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

On the Investing > Portfolio Window and on the Investing > Register > Holding window.

Like to have some different groupings/ with sub totals/totals so I can quickly reconcile.

My fist step it looking at totals and if it's inline then I will accept. I usually have to back out say cash like mutual fund like Schwab Value Advantage Money Fund Invest which more like cash like fund retaining its $1 per share value.

• BRETTB
    BRETTB Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Grouping by security type could work if it were a subgrouping after account view.

I guess I would like to have another level of grouping under the account level so I can get a total/subtotal on those grouping along with the account total.

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

One way you can (sort of) group by both Account and Security type in Portfolio views is to make a separate view for each account.

QWin Premier subscription