Sync Appears to Work Properly, BUT ...

Options
BigBubba
BigBubba Member ✭✭

Over the last month or so I've noticed that my Sync looks like it's working (gives me a successful message), but when I search for transactions on Quicken Mobile, most of them are no longer showing up. What the heck? Using latest version of Quicken Classic on a Windows 8 desktop.

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @BigBubba,

Do you receive any error codes or messages (in desktop or in mobile app)? Did this issue begin to occur after a recent update? Are you performing a sync function on your desktop after inputting information and then again in your mobile application upon startup?

Thanks!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• BigBubba
    BigBubba Member ✭✭
    Options

No error codes on either side. Sync appears to work normally. I'm entering Quicken transactions manually on desktop, then when I close the Quicken program it is set to automatically sync via cloud (I think) to my iPhone app. When I open iPhone Quicken app and select "All Transactions" most are no longer there. Don't have time to check exactly which transactions are missing or if it's past a certain date, but many are missing. They used to show up. Could have been after an update, who knows? All I know is now when I search for transactions on my iPhone there are very few that show up. A couple of months ago it used to work very well. I have never manually synced when in the mobile app. Is this something I need to do, and how?

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

AFAIK, the Mobile App is NOT a complete copy of your data file. It only contains the most recent 6(*) months of transactions after a first-time sync or reset sync. Over time, additional transactions will be added.

(*) I'm not sure about the exact number of months, but it's most likely a memory conservation issue that puts a limit on the amount of data.

Not using the Mobile app myself, I can't really answer your other question.
    AFAIK, you need to sync your PC data file to the server both on entry and on exit from Quicken and, to get new data, your Mobile app needs to sync with the server, to retrieve updates and to send any changes you have made on Mobile.

This discussion has been closed.