QM 7.5 Bills and Income, choosing y axis starts at zero does not stick from one launch to the other

Options
Gilles9
Gilles9 Windows Beta, Mac Beta Beta

If I deselect "Y axis start at zero" under Bills & Income

The next time I relauch Quicken for Mac 7.5 it is selected again

I think our choice should stick from one lauch to the other

This should be easy to fix, does not need a suggestion thread

Thanks

Comments

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited January 10
    Options

@Gilles9 If this isn't made into an Idea thread, then it's likely the developers will never see it. It's possible that immediately after a new release, someone from the development team skims this forum for reported problems, but generally the developers don't read this forum. Unless you're opposed, I'd suggest having the moderators turn this into an Idea post in order to capture other Mac users' votes saying "me too".

That said, I agree; the checkbox should be persistent.

[Removed - Beta]

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Gilles9
    edited January 10
    Options

[Removed-Beta]

Bottomline, it is not very important to me, I do not use that graph, if they want to test support for this I do not mind of course, but I think settings are supposed to stick, not be revisisted each time we open an app

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Gilles9,

Is this post in regards to Beta or the actual production version?

Thanks!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Gilles9
    Options

7.5 is in Production, released to public, this is why I am addressing this here

and the setting (Y axis starts at zero) is a new option/setting in 7.5 released/production version

I believe settings should stick from one launch to the other, it this case it does not stick as per user's choice

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @Gilles9 and @jacobs,

I have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files, a sanitized data file, and screenshots (if possible) attached to contribute to the investigation.

Please let me know once you have done so, thanks!

-Quicken Jasmine

• jacobs
    Options

@Quicken Jasmine I don't understand; why would the developers need a sanitized data file and log files for this issue. The issue is a checkbox UI element which doesn't function as users expect/want it to. I don't think it matters what's in the data file; the checkbox setting on the graph not being persistent upon relaunch this can be reproduced by creating a new data file from scratch with one transaction.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @jacobs,

The developers require logs, screenshots, etc.. for any issue whether it is a major issue or a bug. This comes directly from them.

Thanks!

-Quicken Jasmine

• jacobs
    Options

@Quicken Jasmine I understand and appreciate that developers want log files and data files because sometimes the source of an issue is from some unexpected setting, action, or data in a user's file. But in this case, the issue is the checked or unchecked state of a checkbox; it's a simple UI issue. There are no log files needed, because I have no online activity; no large sanitized data file is needed, because it happens in a brand new, blank data file and can be verified in any data file in about 10 seconds. I believe this should already be an existing issue logged in Jira for this, which is what I asked above for someone to check, but my question was redacted. But per your request, I did submit a Report a Problem report, as follows:

The issue is with the new “Y-axis starts at zero” checkbox on the Bills & Income > Projected Balances page. The box defaults to being checked. When a user unchecks it, that setting only remains in place as long as the user remains on that screen. Changing to another screen, such as an account register, and returning to the Projected Balances screen, the checkbox is once again checked. Similarly, unchecking the box, quitting Quicken, and relaunching, the box is re-checked. The expectation is that the state of that checkbox wil be persistent throughout and across sessions.

To reproduce:
    • Go to Bills & Income
    • Click on the Projected Balences tab
    • Note that “Y-axis starts at zero” is checked
    • Uncheck the checkbox, and the chart re-draws.
    • Click on any account in the left sidebar
    • Return to Bills & Income > Projected Balances
    • Note that the “Y-axis starts at zero” box has returned to its default checked state.

Expected behavior: once the checkbox is unchecked, it will remain unchecked until/unless the user re-checks the box. The state of the checkbox should be persistent while switching screens in Quicken, and when quitting and relaunching Quicken.

• Gilles9
    Options

fixed with today's update to 7.5, public/production release

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @Gilles9,

I am happy to hear that the issue has been resolved!

Please do not hesitate to reach out with any further questions or concerns.

-Quicken Jasmine

This discussion has been closed.