Client reports in buisness edition

Options
cisco120
cisco120 Member ✭✭
edited February 13 in Reports (Windows)

I'm thinking of buying the Quicken home and business. Is there a report for client payments (made by deposit) for the year? I don't send invoices. It's a non profit company which I need to send out yearly contribution reports to clients.

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @cisco120,

To answer your question, there is no specific report for client payments. Depending on how you track client payments, there may be other reports that would suffice. The screenshot below is a list of the business specific reports available in Quicken Business & Personal:

How do you track client payments currently? What information would you need to be able to see in the report?

I look forward to your response!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• cisco120
    cisco120 Member ✭✭
    Options

I currently am using an old quickbooks 2013 on a laptop that is dying. I need something for my new laptop and being a volunteer I'm not willing to pay the price of quickbooks.

It's a memorized report that is sorted by name. It includes date of deposit, account categories, memo's, check number, amount, and totals each client for the year.

I know I picked the accounts that would be involved. I maybe able to get more info if needed, depending on the old laptop willingness to boot up.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

Depending on how you set it up in your Quicken, you should be able to see that information with the accounts receivable report. You can review this article for more information on the business specific reports and what they do.

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

FYI - If you were using QuickBooks just know you can't open, convert, or import QB to Quicken. So you would be starting from scratch.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• cisco120
    cisco120 Member ✭✭
    Options

Thank you for the reply. I unfortunately do know that I'll basically lose everything from quickbooks and start over. I wish I could at least bring over customers names and contact info. But it isn't worth the price of quickbooks for me. I'm a volunteer for a non profit - neither of us can afford Quickbooks. I wish they gave a price break for non profits but I haven't found one if they do.

• cisco120
    cisco120 Member ✭✭
    Options

Thank you for your reply. I may be able to use the cash flow report to get the information. I work with donations so accounts receivables won't help. Is the cash flow report choices the same as on Quicken Deluxe? And would I be able to enter addresses and contact info for the donors,?

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 14
    Options

You can import customer names and addresses and other contact info into the Quicken Address Book in CSV or tab delimited format.

Quicken Home and Business can format and print invoices and statements. If you have pledges, you could create invoices for them. For donations, you could record payments without any corresponding invoices and then print statements. The payments will appear as negative numbers on the statement. The statement format is not very flexible; you would have to experiment to see if it meets your needs.

If your organization has members, I don't see an easy way to tell it to send a bill for the annual dues to all the members at once, but maybe there is a way to do that. You can have it print labels or envelopes addressed to all or selected customers that you have set up in the address book.

QWin Premier subscription
This discussion has been closed.