One Step Update, Activate New Account, Deactivate, Reset Account all not working

Options
Canadauser
Canadauser Member ✭✭

Yup - Everything that requires integration except quotes updates (That works and is fast) is not working. Every transaction below results in Quicken hanging/not responding (not slow)

• update one step update for downloading transactions and balances
  • updating transactions directly from a register (for a single bank)
  • Trying to reset online services for an account
  • trying to activate/deactivate online services for an account

Tried

• Validate, Super Validate
  • Re-install using latest quicken version
  • complete back-up, reboot, reinstall
  • Adding a new account

Quicken Canada -

53.32 27.1.53.32

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Canadauser,

If you haven't already, I suggest you try signing out of your data file completely and then signing back in to refresh the registration token for your Online Connected Services. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

1. Navigate to Edit
    2. Preferences...
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Click Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out
    6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password

Once that's done, see if the issue still continues to persist.

Hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Canadauser
    Canadauser Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks for the quick reply I tried it twice. Same issue. Still broken. hangs on any update.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

When did you first notice this issue? I can see you already did a Validate/Super Validate. It's not quite clear if you tried restoring a backup or not. If you haven't already done so, please restore a backup from before the issue started, if possible, then check to see if the issue persists in the newly restored file.

I look forward to your response!

Quicken Kristina

• Arctic Hare
    Arctic Hare SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Quicken Kristina and @Quicken Anja and @Canadauser this is another case where a Canadian user is reporting they are running the Canadian version, but the release number they cite is for the current USA release. The current Release for the Canadian version is R53.26. The user is indicating they are running 53.32, which is the current USA release. R53.32 has not been released to Canadian users yet.

When Canadian users somehow get the US Release, I wonder if they get mapped to the USA USA FIDIR.TXT, which would cause downloads not to work properly. We've seen quite a few posts like this. Which begs the question, how are so many Canadian users ending up unintentionally running the USA version of Quicken. Someone should figure out the root cause of this because it is causing a lot of users serious problems - even if it is user error installing the wrong version, how can this be prevented. What is the the poka yoke to prevent the wrong version from being installed?

Verify the current release numbers here: https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-patch-20182019-release-quicken-windows-subscription-product

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    edited January 19
    Options

Hello @Arctic Hare and @Canadauser,

I forwarded the issue with Canadian subscribers accidentally getting the US version of the software to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that anyone who has had this issue happen to them please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached and (if you are willing) a sanitized copy of your data file in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience!

Thank you.    

(CTP-8771)

Quicken Kristina

• letter123
    letter123 Member ✭✭
    Options

@Quicken Kristina Just bought this product, wasted 2 hours trying to figure out why the Canadian version wasn't able to see any Canadian banks. Stumbled on this thread and saw that "Quicken-Canada.exe" installs the US version R53.32 Build 27.1.53.32, submitted the report as requested. Not sure what to do except ask for a refund?

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @letter123,

If you haven't done so already, please try downloading Quicken using the link in this article:

Please let me know how it goes!

Quicken Kristina

• letter123
    letter123 Member ✭✭
    Options

@Quicken Kristina I was able to get a hold of a support person who addressed my issue. Apparently, while trying to sign up for the Canadian version, I ended up signing up for the US version. When I logged in, all the information presented was US-related as a result.

Thank you for writing back!

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for the follow up,

I'm glad to hear that Support was able to help you get the issue corrected.

Feel free to reach out if you need further assistance!

Quicken Kristina

• JoelC
    JoelC Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@letter123 the other snafu that you will encounter is at renewal. We (i.e., Canadian) get a renewal e-mail that links to a US website which does not include teh ability to manage the subscription. We need to log onto the ca version of the webpage and are then good to go.

This discussion has been closed.