Payments to send won't go away

Options
Greg Brown
Greg Brown Member, Windows Beta Beta

I added a payment to wells fargo direct and sent the payment, but the reminder that I have payments to send won't stop. I have resent payments but the reminder still persists. When I exit Quicken it asks if I want to send the payments before I exit. I ran a validate/repair but issue still persists.

Quicken Business and Personal-R55.26. Windows 11 PRO current on updates

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @Greg Brown,

To assist with this issue, please provide additional information. Were you able to verify that Wells Fargo received those payment instructions? Has the payment already processed/posted on their end? Is the account otherwise able to update? Are you receiving any error messages when you try to send the payment?

I look forward to your response!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Greg Brown
    Options

Actually it was not a payment, it was a payment status update request. The payment was sent and received by Wells Fargo but has not PAID yet. it appears that the payment status request is still trying to send. I am able to update Wells with no error messages. All seems to be working fine except for the Payment Status Request.

Thanks,

Greg

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

You mentioned you already tried a Validate/repair. If you haven't already done so, I would recommend that you run a Super Validate. Please save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Super Validate:

1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.   

Let me know how it goes!

Quicken Kristina

• Greg Brown
    Options

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

The next step is to restore a backup from before the problem started (if possible) and see if the issue persists in the newly restored file.

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

• Greg Brown
    Options

I deleted the transaction that had the status update on it, and added it back as a manual entry. Problem resolved. I would like to know why it happened. I had submitted a problem report to support about a week ago…

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for the follow up,

When there are issues with Direct Connect Bill Pay, it's generally either a file specific problem or an issue where the financial institution is sending incorrect/outdated information. Since deleting and recreating the transaction resolved the issue, it was most likely a file specific issue.

Thank you!

Quicken Kristina

This discussion has been closed.