Unable to connect to Quicken Classic Server on weekends

Options
1997cui
1997cui Member ✭✭

Hi,

I noticed this occurred frequently during weekends and evenings. I got this error, and I cannot do anything. Anyone has an idea?

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @1997cui,

For clarification; are you receiving this error in your Quicken Classic program, or on our website? If in the program, does any certain action prompt this error (e.g.: program startup, One Step Update, etc)?

Check back and let us know! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• 1997cui
    1997cui Member ✭✭
    Options

In quicken Classic program. No certain action, randomly first shows the subscription expired, after I restarted, and then it shows the above screenshot.

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Thank you for following up with additional details.

If you haven't already, I suggest you try signing out of your data file completely and then signing back in to refresh the registration token for your Online Connected Services. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

1. Navigate to Edit
    2. Preferences...
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Click Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out
    6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password

Once that's done, see if the issue continues to persist.

Hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja

• 1997cui
    1997cui Member ✭✭
    Options

Hi Anja,

I tried the approach you mentioned. However, this issue occurs again today. It seems like it is a server-side issue. Do you know if Quicken do some maintenance on Sunday?

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

I can see that you reached out to Quicken Support yesterday and did some troubleshooting with them (test file and uninstall/reinstall program). Were they able to help you resolve the issue?

I look forward to your reply!

Quicken Kristina

• 1997cui
    1997cui Member ✭✭
    Options

Hi Kristina,

No Quicken Support failed to resolve the issue. The issue resolved itself by waiting for a while. However, now the problem occurs again. Still, it's a Sunday. Do you know if Quicken do some maintenance on Sunday?

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

As another Quicken user, I have no idea if Quicken performs any server maintenance on the weekends. If they do, it's never announced ahead of time.

There's also the possibility that storms in your area can briefly disrupt the Internet. (I've had a few of those in the last couple of weekends due to storms in my area of California)

Looking at your image snapshot I also noted that your Windows system seems to be set to a foreign language, other than US English. And I seem to remember discussions in the Community that foreign languages, when configured as the primary system language, may not play well with Quicken.

Sometimes it may also help to do one or more of these:
    Stop and restart Quicken.
    Reboot your Internet router while also rebooting Windows.

• 1997cui
    1997cui Member ✭✭
    Options

Thank you @UKR, I rebooted Windows, and it restored itself.

This discussion has been closed.