Some downloaded expenses are shown as deposits

Options
bille
bille Member ✭✭

[Windows Quicken Classic, R53.32, Build 27.1.53.32]

Over the last two months I have seen some downloaded payments list in the deposit column. (I do not accept the mis-categorized transactions, I delete them.)

I know I see it with my Dupaco Credit Union account. I don't recall if it has shown up elsewhere.

As you can see below the three last transactions are listed as deposits but they are, in fact, expenses and would have matched entries in the register.

Thanks,

Bill

Comments

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You might try a file validation to see if that fixes thing. If you have to call Official Quicken Support (which is probably the case) that might be their first suggestion.

It looks like Dupaco uses uses Express Web Connect as their downloading method so I think this could be a problem on Dupaco's end (e.g., they changed something in their system and didn't tell Quicken) or some problem with the Aggregator's (Intuit) process of collecting information. Either way you'd need to inform Quicken of the problem so they can, in turn, tell Intuit.

• bille
    bille Member ✭✭
    Options

Does Quicken monitor these discussions? or is a call needed to get something in motion?

Thanks.

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

There is some Quicken presence in here but in terms of getting action out of Quicken, the "volume" of posts is critical. If there's dozens and dozens of posts here in about a specific problem in a very short period of time, then there's a good chance Quicken will pick up on that and do something. I only found 2 mentions of Dupaco - yours and a single mention back in 1/2/23 about a different problem.

IF it really is a EWC problem that can be pinned on Dupaco or Intuit you best chance for a resolution is to call.

• vivi
    vivi Member
    Options

I've been noticing this on my Dupaco credit card too, but now all of my accounts are disconnected. I went through and reconnected everything, but now its all disconnected again. something is clearly going on

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If you haven't done so already, I'd say it's time to call Quicken Support on the phone during posted hours of operation and report this Online Banking issue. Let them do a screen share session with you to review the situation on your computer, to determine the nature of the problem and to figure out how to fix it. It may be necessary to escalate this problem to higher support levels.

Quicken Support:

This discussion has been closed.