CitiBank Credit Card setup in Quicken

Options
Don32@
Don32@ Member ✭✭

Is anyone having problems connecting to a CitiBank credit card? I deactivated the account and now it won't let me set it back up. I connect to CitiBank and allow the authorization but Quicken give me the circle of death before it times out.

Any suggestiong

Answers

• Jeff Cheadle
    Options

Yes, same problem.

• moosepie42
    moosepie42 Member
    Options

same problem

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Try using the financial institution name Citi Cards instead of Citibank. You'll have to type this in to the Add Account sequence.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Rj51
    Rj51 Member ✭✭
    Options

didn’t work for me

• Don32@
    Don32@ Member ✭✭
    Options

didn't work for me either

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello All,

To clarify, are you successfully going through the authorization on Citi's website, but then it times out when going back to Quicken? If that is what is happening, do you have any VPN, antivirus, or firewall active? Try pausing those while going through the process, since they may interfere with communication. You may also want to pause any pop-up blockers or ad blocker extensions in your browser. If the issue persists after that, try temporarily setting a different browser as your default browser and going through the reauthorization process.

If that is not what is happening, then please provide more detail what steps you are going through and at what point you're getting stuck due to the timeout.

I look forward to your responses!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Options

@Quicken Kristina

Yesterday I had to de/reactivate my Citi Card but it activated as EWC+ when before it was DC.

Today, I have been trying to get it reconnected as DC (I do get that option) but then QWin hangs forever without doing anything.

No VPN, firewall, or antivirus other than Windows Defender. Just my same old vanilla setup which has worked for years.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @Rocket J Squirrel,

Our teams tested earlier and said that Direct Connect is working. Have you tried restarting your computer?

If the issue persists after restarting your computer, could you please provide more detail what is happening? What steps are you following before it freezes? Where in the process is Quicken freezing?

I look forward to your reply!

Quicken Kristina

• Rocket J Squirrel
    edited January 20
    Options

Hi, @Quicken Kristina . I have tried reconnecting my Citi Cards account every which way. "Set up now" in the Account Details. Tools > Add Account from the main menu. I have rebooted several times.

I have had 2 different outcomes, both bad. One is that the Citi authorization window is completely empty. It sits forever. The other is that Quicken itself hangs forever. It seems unpredictable which of these outcomes will occur.

I restored a backup in which the card was still connected via DC, but the problem there is that it shows zero online balance. A file with the card connected as EWC+ shows the online balance properly.

I wonder if perhaps Citi decided to transition from DC to EWC+ today and the transition isn't going so well. I haven't seen my QWin this confused in a long time.

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Options

@Quicken Kristina I don't think Citi Cards DC is working. They are the ones sending the zero online balance.

<LEDGERBAL>
    <BALAMT>0.0
    <DTASOF>20240119212832.000
    </LEDGERBAL>
    <AVAILBAL>
    <BALAMT>24000.0

<DTASOF>20240119212832.000
    </AVAILBAL>

They show wrong numbers for both the ledger balance and the available balance (which shows as my full credit line).

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Options

@Quicken Kristina I am also seeing a new dialog during the reconnection process. I had never seen this before yesterday. So obviously something on the Quicken side has changed also.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

I was trying to get the same screen that you're getting, but it's behaving differently for me. Are you going to Tools>Add Account, searching Citi Cards, and clicking the Advanced Options link?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• Rocket J Squirrel
    edited January 20
    Options

@Quicken Kristina

I was trying to get the same screen that you're getting, but it's behaving differently for me. Are you going to Tools>Add Account, searching Citi Cards, and clicking the Advanced Options link?

Yes. I get the above dialog immediately after telling QWin that I want Direct Connect. When I click Next, QWin hangs.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

R54.9 is the problem.

When I was testing adding a Citi Cards/Direct Connect account using R54.9 I got to the point where it was to log in, and it was using the reauthorize screen. I just rolled back to R53.32 and I get the proper login screen:

And I was able to setup this account in a new data file and download all the transactions.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Going further on testing this.

I opened a copy of my data file from a few days back so that I would have an account that is already setup but is missing some of the more recent transactions. With R53.32 installed I did an update of my Citi Costco credit card only and it had no problem downloading the transactions:

Signature:
  • uconnjhd
    uconnjhd Member ✭✭
    Options

what is R53.32 or R54.9? How does this resolve the connection with Citi Card?

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Those are the patch versions of Quicken.

But as it turns out forget this, I just retested and for some reason it isn't doing the same thing (still broken) so going back to an older version of Quicken isn't the fix.

At this point if you can't get your transactions in the Express Web Connect + downloading, you should just go to the Citi website and download and import the Web Connect/QFX file.

Signature:
  • Don32@
    Don32@ Member ✭✭
    Options

I contacted Quicken, which I should have done days ago, and saved all of this time, they had me add the account by clicking the + sign in the upper right corner. Everything connects fine and is working. The customer service rep said that sometimes on credit cards the "setup" will not work correctly. Hope this helps someone.

• wturtle
    wturtle Member
    Options

Don32@. This worked perfectly… use the + to add as he says and go through the windows. The other way does not work. It connects now by EWC+ which is the new Citi sanctioned connection method.

• sgj31
    sgj31 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

setting up citi and I get done with the website approval/auth. And then nothing.

"Your accounts have been authorized successfully!" and the box in Quicken has been spinning for 45 minutes.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @sgj31,

This issue is usually caused by a browser security setting or plug-in blocking communication. To resolve this issue, please follow these steps:

1. Temporarily disable security extensions such as pop up blockers, ad blockers, and anti-virus extensions in your default browser.
    2. If the issue persists, try clearing cache and cookies on your default browser.
    3. If the issue still persists, try temporarily setting a different default browser.
      1. Browsers that are known to cause issues with OAuth are Brave, duckduckgo, and kaspersky's secure browser.
    4. If the steps above do not resolve the issue, please reach out to Quicken Support for further assistance.

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

This discussion has been closed.