CITI/USAA BANK DOWNLOAD

Options
Hawkeye2500
Hawkeye2500 Member ✭✭

Not able to automatically download Citi Bank nor USAA Bank credit card information since Dec 27, 2023. Deactivate/reactivate and won't accept Quickent Validation requirements. "either Quicken timed out or connection error" time and again error. I have been going to manually download the information. From Citi Bank download error "Please close Quickent Valication requirements before running Quicken". Cannot do this. Validated file, turned Quicken on/off, nothing works. Quicken Classic Premier, R54.9, Build 27.1.54.9.

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @Hawkeye2500,

To assist with this issue, please provide additional information. Are you getting any error codes when you try to reconnect those accounts? Could you please clarify what you mean by "Quickent Validation requirements"? Could you please provide more detail exactly what is happening when you're trying to reconnect the accounts? For instance, are you getting redirected to authorize the accounts on the financial institution website? If you are, are you able to successfully authorize through their website? When going back to Quicken after authorizing, is it bringing you to the Add/Link screen, or is it throwing an error? Are you able to provide a screenshot of exactly what you're seeing when it gives you the time out or connection error (please redact any personal information)? If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments.

I look forward to your reply!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Hawkeye2500
    Hawkeye2500 Member ✭✭
    Options

Kristina,

Did you receive my post comment just sent, I do not see it online yet.

• Hawkeye2500
    Hawkeye2500 Member ✭✭
    Options

Kristina,

It won't accept my 16 screenshots. I go to the acocunt

• Hawkeye2500
    Hawkeye2500 Member ✭✭
    edited January 22
    Options

I go to the account Edit Account Details, hit Online Services tab, hit Activate, then hit Sign In, and get this error message

[Edited - Personal Information Removed]

• Hawkeye2500
    Hawkeye2500 Member ✭✭
    Options

I went to the online Cite Bank account and download the information. I was receivingthe error message "Please close the Quicken Validation before running Quicken". This is on the Citi web site download function.

• Hawkeye2500
    Hawkeye2500 Member ✭✭
    edited January 22
    Options

It downloaded correctly tonight, but it does not show up as an active account in the download list of accounts.

• Hawkeye2500
    Hawkeye2500 Member ✭✭
    Options

USAA similar issues with One Step Update. It downloads in a CVS format and unable to import into my Quicken account. So have to do manual input.

• Hawkeye2500
    Hawkeye2500 Member ✭✭
    edited January 22
    Options

Kristina, I start out with going to Edit Account Details. Hit Activate, then sign in and get the error message "connection timed out or connection error" message. Both Citi and USAA accounts. I then go online to Citi, download in Quicken format and was getting the "close Quicken validation first" message. It worked ok tonight and input data into the account but does not appear in the online download list of accounts as if it has not been activated. USAA the same but I get a CSV format which I cannot import into Quicken. Sequence of screenshots hopefully will assist. I don't have the Online Services set up for the Citi Bank as happened in the past. USAA is not being Activated. Thanks, Gene

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your replies,

Generally, that timeout error is caused by something interfering with the communication between the financial institution and Quicken. Rather than initiating the process through the Account Details screen, please try initiating the process through Tools>Add Account. If you're still encountering the issue, please temporarily pause any VPN, antivirus, and firewall active on your computer, and go through the authorization process while that software is paused (this will correct the issue if the software is blocking communication). If the issue persists after that, try temporarily setting a different default browser, then go through the authorization process. That can help if it's a browser extension/plug in or browser security setting that is causing the issue.

Since you said you were able to get the import to work, that would have changed your account's connection method to Web Connect, which is why it wouldn't show up on your One Step Update. It's connected for manual import rather than for automatic downloads through Quicken.

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

• Hawkeye2500
    Hawkeye2500 Member ✭✭
    Options

Kristina,

I went through the Tools>Add Account for both and they are now set up in the One Step Update Settings list of accounts. Good explanation of why things may have gone haywire and work around if needed. Luckily I did not have to use the alternative.

FYI, I do turn off VPN as it has caused issues in the past with Quicken and other downloads.

Thanks more than you know for this work around. It seems after big Quicken or other software updates, issues like these cause many wasted hours to remedy. Thank goodness poeple like you take the time to assist others like me who don't know the software in/outs that well. Learned something new and hope to retain it in case of similar future issue comes up.

Job well done!

Gene Sends

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

I'm glad to hear you were able to get your accounts connected.

If you need further assistance, please feel free to reach out!

Quicken Kristina

This discussion has been closed.