In Quicken for Mac, is there a way to batch convert the status of transactions to be reconciled?

Options
Arch Stanton
Arch Stanton Member ✭✭

TL;DR:  In Quicken for Mac, is there a way to batch convert the status of multiple transactions to reconciled?  I can option click on the cleared status to change individual transactions, but I need to do this for many transactions at once.

Backstory: I have been test driving Quicken this past month after importing a QIF export from See Finance, which is what I had been using.  I have multiple accounts with close to 10 years of transactions.  For some reason, not all of the transactions that were reconciled in See Finance imported with a reconciled status.  I tried to troubleshoot why this occurred but couldn’t figure it out.  For what it’s worth, the transactions that didn’t import correctly with a reconciled status are transfers between different accounts.

Before reconciling my latest statements, I need to make sure the status of all prior transactions are reconciled or else it will mess up the reconciliation of the latest statement.  For a few of the accounts, I can do this individually as there are only a handful of transactions that are incorrectly listed as unreconciled.  But for others, there are 100s of transactions whose status I need to change.  Can this be done all in one batch by shift-clicking them and using a pop-up menu?  I don’t see this option.  It can be changed to “cleared” or “reviewed” but not reconciled.

Answers

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

AFAIK the only way to mark a transaction as reconciled is to do a reconciliation. You can reconcile all the transactions prior to the current month at once if you like.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

There is also a Start Fresh command… without researching, I do not recall how to trigger it. This might accomplish what you are looking for.

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

There's a "Clear History" button in the reconciliation history window that will unreconcile any previously reconciled transactions for that account; that's the only start-over option I can think of but I don't think it would be useful here.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• Arch Stanton
    Arch Stanton Member ✭✭
    Options

You can option-left-click the CLR status to cycle through the different options and manually set an individual transaction as reconciled. I was hoping this could be done for a bunch at a time, but no such luck. But yeah, maybe just doing a reconciliation for everything prior to the current month is a workaround.

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

That's what I was going to suggest: do a reconciliation to the most recent month for which you have a statement, marking everything reconciled. If the reconciliation is out of whack, you could do as Jon said and clear the reconciliation history; then do a reconcile to the last month's balance, selecting all transactions since the beginning of time in the reconciliation. (Make a copy of your data file before doing this, in case it somehow makes things worse and you want to revert.)

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.