How do you add a copy of a bill that was manually entered under the Bills and Income tab ?

Options
Adventurer
Adventurer Member ✭✭
edited February 27 in Reports (Windows)

I just discovered the Bills and Income tab. I manually entered a upcoming bill for property taxes, how do I attach a copy of this bill to this upcoming transaction ?

Best Answers

• Q97
    Q97 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Since this is a recurring expense, I would enter it as a Bill with the appropriate schedule. Then, you can Enter it into the register with the future payment date and attach the receipt to the register entry.

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Adventurer -

So would I not enter it in under the Bills and Income tab ?

When I said to "enter" it I was referring to entering the Bill Reminder. See the Enter buttons to the right of what you circled in the picture you attached above.

Click on the Enter button for the Reminder and it will enter the transaction into the account register. Then you can go to the account register and attach the bill to the Reminder transaction that is now entered there.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

You can't.

It looks like this Idea that you can vote on is the same as you are requesting:

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Adventurer
    Adventurer Member ✭✭
    Options

Ughh - that is not the answer I was hoping for. It just leaves me having more paperwork around until the transaction(s) are "paid". Thank you for answering my question. I am not sure where it is to vote for the idea that you sent along.

• Boatnmaniac
    edited January 27
    Options

@Adventurer -

It just leaves me having more paperwork around until the transaction(s) are "paid".

After you enter the Reminder into the account register, you can go to the account register and attach the bill to the transaction that the Bill Reminder entered there. You do not need to wait until after the transaction is actually paid. You can enter the Reminder at anytime before the due date and attach the bill to that transaction right after it is entered. Not ideal but it does mean that you can have some control over how you manage your paperwork.

I am not sure where it is to vote for the idea that you sent along.

In @Chris_QPW's post, click on the date just to the right of "maxwelwp" which will take you to that thread. Be sure to cast your vote for the idea. The Quicken Team does review the proposed ideas and the more votes an idea gets the more likely it is that at some point the idea will get added to their Development Plan.

• Adventurer
    Adventurer Member ✭✭
    Options

Boatnmaniac, thank you for replying. If I understand your solution correctly. You are saying to enter the transaction into the account that it will be funded from and attach the "bill"

I just discovered this tab, and thought it would be a great place to enter payables, and once paid, that would then get posted to the appropritate account it was paid from. ** I am thinking more as a accountant in this instance who wants less paperwork around.

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

"So would I not enter it in under the Bills and Income tab ?"

If you want to have an attachment to a transaction, that needs to be done in the Account Register. It can't be done using the Bills & Income tab.

• Q97
    Q97 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Since this is a recurring expense, I would enter it as a Bill with the appropriate schedule. Then, you can Enter it into the register with the future payment date and attach the receipt to the register entry.

• Boatnmaniac
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Adventurer -

When I said to "enter" it I was referring to entering the Bill Reminder. See the Enter buttons to the right of what you circled in the picture you attached above.

Click on the Enter button for the Reminder and it will enter the transaction into the account register. Then you can go to the account register and attach the bill to the Reminder transaction that is now entered there.

This discussion has been closed.