How to determine what impacted net worth?

Options
QknUser2024
QknUser2024 Member
edited April 12 in Reports (Windows)

So I usually update daily and check changes in my Net Worth number. I have a lot of accounts. Today, the number changed significantly (most likely an error). I am trying to determine what feature in Quicken can tell me delta in each account from yesterday to today so I can find the error.

Tagged:

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

How about printing out a Net Worth report as of yesterday, and another as of today … and then eyeball engineering them.

Once you've identified the accounts that changed, then you can drill down into the specifics.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• bmciance
    bmciance SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Easiest would be to run a Net Worth report with a range of yesterday to today and select Inverval of Day. This will show you side by side the balances as of yesterday and today. If you think it may have happened even before yesterday you can expand the date range a bit keeping the day interval. It will show you each day side by side. Then, once you find the account you can do as NotACPA suggested and drill into the specifics.

• cmrago
    cmrago Member
    Options

Why does the Net Worth number change when I am away from the computer if I quit Quicken? If I save and quit, invariably that number will be different when I come back a day or a few days later. Is that a problem?

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@mary@cmrago.com

Do you have the options set to download transactions when Quicken starts or automatically update quotes?

Those will change your net worth with no interaction from you.

QWin Premier subscription
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Your net worth will also change if you have some scheduled transactions set to auto-enter. What size changes are you talking about?

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Net worth on the account bar will also change. If you have it set up to show the ending account balances and you have new Reminders that are showing in an account (even if the Reminders haven’t actually been entered into the account). This wouldn’t show up though, and the net worth reports since they don’t include reminders.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.