Missing data about IRA Federal Tax Withheld

Options
bartdawson
bartdawson Member ✭✭
edited February 27 in Reports (Windows)

When I run a Tax Summary report I see some, but not all, of my tax categories. For instance, I have a category for pension federal tax withheld linked to Quicken's predefined "1099-R: Pension federal tax withheld." The Tax Summary report includes all entries correctly.

But I also have a category for IRA federal tax withheld linked to Quicken's predefined "1099-R: IRA federal tax withheld." The Tax Summary report does not show any entries for this category. I think this is an oversight. Or maybe the "oversight" is a deliberate error part of Quicken's philosophy to ignore properly recording transactions related to removing money from IRAs.

Tagged:

Answers

• bartdawson
    bartdawson Member ✭✭
    Options

Oh, I am using Quicken Premier version R54.9 using Windows 11.

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 27
    Options

The tax withheld portion of an IRA w/d MUST be recorded in a taxable account.

SO, record the gross amount of the W/D as a transfer from the IRA to the taxable account and then split that txn to record the tax as a negative amount in the split Click ADJUST to reduce the net deposit and save the txn.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Fos step by step instructions on recording IRA distributions, please see this discussion

QWin Premier subscription
This discussion has been closed.