Schwab accounts not downloading

Options

Schwab accounts not downloading, is this a know problem and/or is there a fix?

Answers

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

There's nothing in the "Alerts, Online Banking & Known Product Issues" section that mentions this, (though that's not to say that there really IS a problem), and I did receive downloads from Schwab today.

Is this a "today" problem, or one that's being going on for a while?

Presumably if you're having a problem "locally" then the safest first step to take is to go to the Online Services tab of the Account and click the Reset Account button to see if that fixes things.

• hmday
    hmday Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I couldn't find any recent reports about the inability to download, but it seems it has been a problem in the not-too-distant past. I wasnt sure if it was reoccurring. My last download was the 27th. I will try the reset…

• hmday
    hmday Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

When I reset the accounts (5) the window to match the accounts in Q with the accounts in Schwab say "do not add account" None of the accounts will download…

• hmday
    hmday Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

The solution was to deactivate all accounts and then add accounts from the tool bar….

• MitchC
    MitchC Member ✭✭
    Options

Deactivating all accounts and resynching with Schwab didn't work for me. Quicken Classic R54.16 on Windows 10 Home. The login with Schwab looked good with all 7 accounts selected. But the handshake with Quicken didn't work with 1) not all accounts even available to synch, 2) don't add, 3) some link to existing. If I proceed I even get placeholder transactions which are incorrect.

• David Kessler
    David Kessler Member ✭✭
    Options

For the last week or so, I have had a similar but slightly different issue with Schwab downloads.

I am getting the message about unable to update my account. But new transactions were in fact downloading. Nevertheless, I did the reauthorization to try to fix the issue. Schwab sent me a message that it had been done. But Quicken kept complaining and my transactions continued to download successfully.

I did the reauthorization a second time, but Quicken continues to complain.

As far as I can tell, everything is fine except that Quicken is continuing to complain to me about what seems to be a nonexistant problem.

• MitchC
    MitchC Member ✭✭
    Options

Success! I'm not sure what fixed the issue, but here's what I did. I had backed up my Quicken file before I tried the last Schwab update (see my Feb 10 post). I restored it that day as I didn't like the buggy results of the attempted Quicken update. I decided to try again today. So I backed up the file again before I started. Then I selected a Schwab account and attempted to update transactions. The update was only going to update 3 of the 7 accounts at Schwab, but I proceeded anyway. A Quicken error showed saying that I needed to fix my Schwab account link because I had restored the file from backup. I followed the instructions and added the account again. That launched the Schwab sign-in and everything looked good through Schwab access approval. Then the Quicken handshake was complete this time. All accounts were listed and I was able to link to existing for all of them. All of the accounts updated correctly and I verified the account balances with an on-line comparison with Schwab.

• MitchC
    MitchC Member ✭✭
    Options

Success! I'm not sure what fixed the issue, but here's what I did. I had backed up my Quicken file before I tried the last Schwab update (see my Feb 10 post). I restored it that day as I didn't like the buggy results of the attempted Quicken update. I decided to try again today. So I backed up the file again before I started. Then I selected a Schwab account and attempted to update transactions. The update was only going to update 3 of the 7 accounts at Schwab, but I proceeded anyway. A Quicken error showed saying that I needed to fix my Schwab account link because I had restored the file from backup. I followed the instructions and added the account again. That launched the Schwab sign-in and everything looked good through Schwab access approval. Then the Quicken handshake was complete this time. All accounts were listed and I was able to link to existing for all of them. All of the accounts updated correctly and I verified the account balances with an on-line comparison with Schwab.

• Stu
    Stu Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I have 3 Schwab accounts and none of them had updated after 2/16/24. Not from OSU, nor from the individual account registers.
    Today, 6 days later, I tried to reset online access to the accounts. The first time, it did update just one of the accounts - a bank account - but would not update the investment accounts. The second time, it updated just one of the two investment accounts. However, one of the transactions was listed as "Unidentified security" even though Quicken had gone through the process of setting up the security record after the reset. I had to copy/paste the new security name into the investment register for that transaction.
    In order to reset the third account, I had to go through the entire process of resetting ALL accounts via the reset process. This time, the third account did reset itself and downloaded all current transactions.

Incidentally, on all three reset attempts, the process had seemed to go through correctly for all accounts UNTIL control passed back to Quicken. The confirmation emails from Schwab confirmed I had requested third party access to all accounts on all three occasions.

• Dave Qkn
    Dave Qkn Member ✭✭
    Options

I have several Schwab accounts and after repeated reauthorizations only one updated. I did the following:

1. Reset accounts
    2. Deactivated online series, revalidated accounts with Schwab (5x)
    3. One account connected and the each time the display showed I was already connected in Quicken… usually ALL accounts are shown including drop down boxes to "Add to Quicken, or connect to an existing account"…

There appears to be a problem with the options in #3 above. In only one case was I able to reconnect to an existing brokerage account… Will call Schwab later and/or Quicken.

• Gary Johnson
    Gary Johnson Member ✭✭
    Options

The same thing happens to me every day, every time I try yo download Schwab accounts (especially brokerage accounts). This has been happening for months. The repair above to reset and reactivate the accounts work but the next day comes and I have to do it all over again. Very frustrating.

• David Kessler
    David Kessler Member ✭✭
    Options

Mine spontaneously stopped having a problem. I didn't reauthorize or do anything. One day, the warning just stopped. Hope your situation improves.

• MitchC
    MitchC Member ✭✭
    Options

I updated to R55.15. The issue does not appear to be fixed. Although, I'm able to maintain some link with my Schwab accounts, I don't have a consistent way to get all the accounts to update. Still an issue. Notify customer support.

• psheya
    psheya Member
    edited March 16
    Options

I have given up and am manually entering transactions into Quicken for my multiple Schwab accounts from the paper statements or from the Schwab website. This is incredibly frustrating and time consuming, and shows that Schwab doesn't seem to give a [Removed - Language] about the sophisticated and educated investors that follow their investments in Quicken. It worked flawlessly with TDA and with other brokerages.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue to the Community, although we apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.

This issue has been reported to our Development and Product teams for further investigation and resolution. Though we do not currently have an ETA, you can bookmark this Community Alert to get updates when available and to know when the issue is resolved. If you do not see the bookmark icon at the upper right, please make sure you are logged into the Community.

If you haven't done so already, please try following the troubleshooting steps from the Community Alert.

Thank you!

(Ticket #10603094)

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Bru2th
    Bru2th Member
    Options

My Schwab account have not updated since Jan 19. Have tried all suggested fixes. Nothing works! My subscription is up in a couple of weeks and won't resubscribe.

• Beez
    Beez Member
    Options

I have several Schwab accounts and some update and some don't. I have removed them and added them and also relinked them and able to download for one day and then the next time I download it does not work. This has been going on for a month now. What is the solution to fix this issue?