How do I add a new account to Quicken Classic Online for Mac?

Options

All the instructions say to click on the + … at the top of the sidebar, but there aren't those symbols at the top of my sidebar.

Tagged:

Best Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @KathleenKern,

From the looks of your screenshot, you appear to be in the Quicken on the Web companion app, not in the Quicken Classic for Mac desktop program.

Did you log in on the Quicken website from your web browser before reaching this screen?

Check back and let us know! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• KathleenKern
    KathleenKern Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Actually, I think I'll leave it at that. I'm having second thoughts about going strictly online.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @KathleenKern,

From the looks of your screenshot, you appear to be in the Quicken on the Web companion app, not in the Quicken Classic for Mac desktop program.

Did you log in on the Quicken website from your web browser before reaching this screen?

Check back and let us know! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• KathleenKern
    KathleenKern Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Actually, I think I'll leave it at that. I'm having second thoughts about going strictly online.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Please note that for Quicken Mac Classic you can't go "strictly online".

The Quicken Mac Classic Desktop data file is the "master/full data set". What is synced to the Quicken Cloud dataset and viewable through the Quicken Mobile/Web is a partial copy meant for temporary use while away from your desktop computer. You are expected to sync the two from time to time.

To be entirely online you would have to use a service like Quicken Simplifi.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

And… if you'd like to be as offline as possible, open Quicken > Settings, click the Mobile, Web and Alerts tab, and turn off the Sync switch.

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
This discussion has been closed.