Farmers Insurance eBill Link

Options

I have been trying to establish the eBill link to Farmers Insurance. The attempted login does not progress and eventually the login fails with a notice that Farmers requires a security code to complete the login. Please advise, where does the "security code" get entered? There is no dialog box or notice from Quicken requesting this information.

This issue has been going on for months now. The service worked when I purchased a subscription two years ago. I have 4 accounts with Farmers, Quicken use to download the billing and update each bill individually. Now I get no activity on this biller other eBill links are working as expected.

I have verified the website, can login to Farmers.com through a web browser. Have the most current version of Quicken for Mac, Version 7.5.2 (Build 705.51955.100).

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @WJP,

I went ahead and checked the internal status of this eBiller and unfortunately, it shows a degraded status which is why it will fail to connect and give an error at this time. We do not have an ETA on when this degraded status will be resolved.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Please consider this alternative to using Bill Manager. Many banks and billers, in an attempt to better secure their computer systems from hackers, no longer support third-party data aggregators like Quicken, Intuit, etc.

• WJP
    WJP Member ✭✭
    Options

@Anja,

Thank you for checking the status of the Farmers Insurance eBiller. A quick look around the web showed me this has been an ongoing issue for a long time, 12 to 36 months based on the comments.

A new version of Quicken Classic Mac 7.4 was heralded in Dec 2023. This same problem existed with the older version and was not corrected in the 7.4 version. One has to wonder why this issue was not corrected.

I am having trouble justifying and ever increasing price point for a product with core functions not working properly. Is it possible the billing works correctly with the Business version of Quicken? If so, please advise and I will upgrade to that version.

Respectfully while your apologizes are appreciated they do not address the problem. A truthful answer from Quicken would be of move value. Is Quicken working to correct the problem with eBilling and various major billers?

• WJP
    WJP Member ✭✭
    Options

@UKR Thank you for your suggestion, after I use the 9 check pays for a nominal fee Quicken will bill me for more services. I think not…. The point I am making is I paid for the service, the service should work as advertised.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

"Too many cooks spoil the broth", as the old adage goes.
    There are too many places where things can go wrong. The idea of making Quicken do a lot of your payments for you, "automagically", is good. The implementation, however, leaves a lot to be desired. Many banks and billers do not want to cooperate with Quicken and other third party data aggregators any more, due to security concerns and new federal guide lines.

To get my payments made on time, I always look for the best way out: secure, automatic, free, always on time even when I'm not looking.
    Autopay, for me, is the best way out. It has worked for me for decades, even during times before the Internet was invented. I've never missed a payment. And the Autopay service, so far, is free (except when using a credit card to make payment. Some billers have begun charging a fee for credit card payments, but still offer free Autopay to checking accounts. So, look for the fine print when signing up)
    And in a few rare situations where I cannot make use of Quick Pay or Check Pay I can still print a paper check with Quicken and mail it myself.

This discussion has been closed.