Venmo-Ugh

Options
vandusensa
vandusensa Member ✭✭

Still having sync problems with Venmo! I have had discussions with the tech folks and they assure me that they hava an open ticket and are aware of the problem. Currently my Quicken account appears to connect with Venmo and they it just doesn't sync between the Quicken and Venmo accounts. This has been going on for months back and forth. I am having a hard time believing that Quicken is "actively" working to find resolution. I am just glad my PayPal, and other financial institutions are syncing. I certainly am not a happy customer!

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @vandusensa,

To assist with this issue, I checked on our end and can see you have been getting FDP-103 errors recently with Venmo. There is currently an open alert for that issue; to get any updates, when available, and know when the issue is resolved, I'd recommend bookmarking this Community Alert.

That said, there is some troubleshooting that might help you get your account to download. Some customers have reported that making sure "remember me" is selected on Venmo's website allows them to bypass the FDP-103 issue. If that doesn't help you get connected, then backup your Quicken file and follow these steps from the article on FDP-103 errors:

Deactivate all the accounts with the affected financial institution

1. Open Quicken.
    2. Go to the Accounts menu and choose Hide and Show Accounts;
    3. Uncheck any accounts with this specific financial institution (FI) that are hidden in Lists;
    4. When complete, click on the account name for your account(s) in the Accounts toolbar in Quicken.
    5. Click the Settings icon in the bottom right corner of the screen.
    6. Select the Downloads tab.
    7. Click on Disconnect Account.
    8. Click Done. Do this on each account with this FI. 
    9. Quit Quicken.

Next, delete Quicken passwords from the Keychain

1. Open Finder and go to Applications > Utilities > Keychain Access app;
    2. On the left panel in the Keychain app, set the Keychains to Login and the Category to Passwords.
    3. Find and delete any entries that show Quicken or Quicken Connect and this FI name;
    4. Quit the Keychain Access app and open Quicken.

Third, re-add the accounts

1. Go to Accounts > Add Account.
    2. Type the name of the financial institution and make the appropriate selection.
    3. Enter your login credentials and click Continue.
    4. When Quicken has returned all accounts discovered for this FI, very carefully LINK each of the found accounts to the appropriate account you already have setup in Quicken.

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Jeff Kravin
    Jeff Kravin Member ✭✭
    edited February 9
    Options

Kristina,

[Removed - Disruptive/Speculation]

As it is described in other discussions, when attempting an update, Quicken appears to be working and prints "Updating account", "Processing data", "Downloading Transactions", then "Complete" in the dialog box - just like other accounts that update. But nothing is actually synchronized.

• vandusensa
    vandusensa Member ✭✭
    Options

I am very surprised that Quicken has provided so very limited resources to resolve the issue with Venmo syncing with my Quicken account. I try to download daily and sometimes it appears to sync… however… it fails again. I always send log to the techies and never do I get any feedback. I have to say that I have been with Quicken for years and this Venmo situation leaves me in a stupor of thought why more attention is not provided to resolve this issue. I will continue to manually input my transactions with a hope that someday…. Venmo and quicken can have a marriage that is harmonious.😀

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

I always send log to the techies and never do I get any feedback.

The problem submission page plainly says you will not get a response, and in this case, they are true to their word! 😂 TO get feedback, you need to talk with Quicken Support.

this Venmo situation leaves me in a stupor of thought why more attention is not provided to resolve this issue.

The actual issue is that Quicken never shares information about what is happening behind the scenes for a connectivity issue with any financial institution. You don't know that they aren't devoting attention to this issue. It's quite possible that they need Venmo to make some change to restore full downloading capabilities, and they are stuck waiting for Venmo (who likely view Quicken exports as a low-priority issue).

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • vandusensa
    vandusensa Member ✭✭
    Options

I have spoken to quicken support. They just say that there is an open ticket and I will hear back when the problem is resolved. I just think more communication to customers is necessary. Silence creates agitation and trust issues with the quicken product.

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

I have spoken to quicken support. They just say that there is an open ticket and I will hear back when the problem is resolved. I just think more communication to customers is necessary. Silence creates agitation and trust issues with the quicken product.

Yup. And it just doesn't happen.

Once Quicken has acknowledged an issue and opened a ticket, users typically hear nothing until one day weeks or months later the problem is suddenly resolved; there are no interim updates. Part of this is Quicken's communications culture, which I think is lacking. But part of it is likely because the resolution of most connectivity issues is actually out of their hands; it is an issue for their connectivity service provider Intuit and, in some cases, the financial institution, and no one at Quicken may have up-to-date information about what has been done, needs to be done, and by whom.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • vandusensa
    vandusensa Member ✭✭
    Options

I just received an email saying the Venmo problem has been resolved. I guess we will see as I will try to download tomorrow am.

This discussion has been closed.