Membership/subscription Expired - now have 2 banners on screen (edit)

Options

My subscription has expired. I am not renewing, at this time. I have two ads on my screen about renewing. There is no way to close them or remove them. One is a yellow banner at the top & the other is on the right side. Both take up space and prevent me from seeing my whole register now. I shouldn't be held hostage or force to have these subscription ads permanently on my screen because I chose not to renew my subscription. How do I remove them?

Comments

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

sorry - no go - and you can search for all the other postings with the same exact NON-renewing Banner discussions -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Delano3
    Delano3 Member ✭✭
    edited February 10
    Options

[Removed - Rant]

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Renewing is what pays for the product. Do you expect to get it for free??? Talk about unprofessional.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hey, at least Quicken allows you to continue using the program, I have/had programs that completely stop when the license expires. Starter Edition becomes a report generator with no new updates allowed when it is in an expired status. Be glad you didn't buy it.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Delano3
    Delano3 Member ✭✭
    Options

@NotACPA - No, I don't expect to get it for free! I have paid to use Quicken for 20 years. I don't use the features that warrants paying for the subscription every year. I use it just to keep track of my debit/checking account. I am one person, not a company or business. All the other software or programs that I have to pay to use or have used (EX: Microsoft Office, security software, Spotify, Amazon, etc.) have a pop-up every time you log in to use it or sign in & give me a link to renew or remind me later to renew. They don't have permanent ads taking up space without an option to close them. I don't have an issue with having limited access to feature's because I choose not to renew. My issue is that that there is not an option to remove them and it's wrong to be forced to have renew to remove the ads because they are blocking my register. You don't know my financial situation nor does Quicken. I may not be able to pay to renew the subscription due to losing a job or taking care of sick relative. So, yes to permanently take up space, not in one location but two locations is just unprofessional, ridiculous and overkill. This community page is help Quicken users, not to downgrade them, make fun, bully or be spiteful. If you have helpful information on how to remove the ads, please let us all know, there are many Quicken users that have this same complaint. Otherwise, please reframe from being rude, unhelpful, vindictive and unprofessional.

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 3
    Options

NO, you have purchased a license for 20 years to run Q subject to the License agreement. And the license agreement expired. Be grateful that you can still use it at all.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I use it just to keep track of my debit/checking account. 

then it's overkill and a wasted expense -
    I use it to keep track of ALL my financial records - Chase, Schwab, Fidelity, Vanguard, Ally, CapOne,
    along with the online downloads and stock quotes…

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

To SuperUsers, in my opinion this original response was all that was needed, and the rest really has no purpose:

We all know that if the person is posting here, they feel that the Quicken Inc's policy is "wrong" and no matter how much people try to post a different point a view, it isn't going to change their minds. And we also know that Quicken Inc isn't going to change their minds on this either after all these years doing it. It works for them. They don't care about people that think they are customers but aren't adding to their revenue.

So, I think the best action for such posts is just say no it can't be changed, and let the people complain, without comment. Past that, I think the moderators will take care of anything else, like closing the thread if need be.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • tony.lobo
    tony.lobo Member
    edited February 10
    Options

[Removed - Rant]

This discussion has been closed.