Unhide Account

Options

I Have a liability account that shows and the check mark is grayed out. I have tried to edit but it will not let me. I need to transfer payments into against the liability. I have Business and Personal version.

Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @littlerojo,

To assist with this issue, please provide more information. What happens when you try to edit the account? Are you able to unhide it by going to Tools>Manage Hidden Accounts, scrolling to that account, and unchecking the Hide in Transaction Entry Lists box (unchecking that box should allow the account to show up as an option to transfer to)? Note: If it shows as a closed account, then you will not be able to unhide it or transfer funds into it; the only way to unclose an account in Quicken for Windows is to restore a backup from before the account was closed.

I look forward to your response!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Note: If it shows as a closed account, then you will not be able to unhide it or transfer funds into it

This isn't correct. A closed account isn't "read-only" (maybe it should be but Quicken doesn't do that).

You can still transfer money in and out of the account. In fact, you can pretty much do anything you want with the account with the exception of setting it up for Online services and reopening it.

Hide just makes it a bit harder to find it in the menus such.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.