USAA VISA transactions not downloading . . . AGAIN

Options

I've read all of the threads regarding problems with Quicken communicating with USAA VISA. My Quicken Classic is fully updated. I've relinked my accounts with USAA, and so on and so forth. Yet, for the past month or so, Quicken has not been downloading my USAA VISA transactions. It's not a "Category Pending" issue, as the transactions have their categories listed. We had this issue in late 2022, and it seemed to have been fixed, but it's broken again. No error messages noted.

Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @bdegarmo53,

What exactly occurs when attempting to download transactions? Do you have multiple accounts with USAA? If so, is this issue occurring across all accounts? When did this issue originally begin to occur? After a recent update? What is your connection method with USAA? You can see the connection method by navigating to Settings > Downloads > Connection Type.

Let me know!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• JamieJoe
    JamieJoe Member ✭✭
    Options

Hello Jasmine. I am having the exact same issue on my Classic Quicken for Mac. Unable to download USAA Visa transactions since Dec. 31, 2023. I have multiple accounts with USAA (checking, savings) and it is only affecting the USAA Visa CC. I am completely updated (Version 7.5.2), I am running the latest OS from Apple (Sanoma 14.2.1) The account balance updates but there haven't been any transactions downloaded since the end of the year. I have also updated the connection, disconnected and reconnected, tried troubleshooting via phone help from both Quicken and USAA to no avail. Quicken says it's a known problem but I have seen no advancement to get this problem fixed. Can you help?

• JamieJoe
    JamieJoe Member ✭✭
    Options

I should add that I get no error messages at all. It simply goes through the download process as usual, updates the account balance minus any actual transactions.

• JamieJoe
    JamieJoe Member ✭✭
    Options

Hello…is anyone working on this? I have been unable to download transactions for 2 full months now.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @JamieJoe,

First, please be aware that the Community forum is primarily user-to-user based with only a handful of us mods. Therefore, responses are not immediate and can take up to 24 to 48 hours. If you prefer immediate assistance, please contact Quicken Support directly.

Regarding your issue, we do currently have an active alert where users are experiencing missing transactions or transactions not downloading with their USAA accounts. You may follow this link to access that alert where you can bookmark it to remain up to date on any further information. Have you attempted the troubleshooting steps located in the alert?

It is recommended to save a backup before proceeding.

1. Deactivate all the accounts associated with USAA.
    2. Navigate to USAA's website, (www.USAA.com), look for third party apps, and unlink Quicken.
    3. After the accounts are unlinked, return to Quicken, and attempt to Add the USAA accounts by using the "+" button.
    4. For Windows ONLY:
      1. Click on "Tools"
      2. Select "Online Center"
      3. Make sure that "USAA" is selected in the account dropdown
      4. Hold CTRL + SHIFT + Click on Contact Info
      5. Click on "Reset DTStart"
      6. Perform a One Step Update. 

I apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• JamieJoe
    JamieJoe Member ✭✭
    Options

QJ - Thank you for replying. I have attempted all of the troubleshooting steps located in that alert to no avail. I will however attempt them again just in case. It is just nice to know that this is still an issue that is being attended to. I did notice something interesting and I'm not sure if it will make a difference to the troubleshooting that is going on but…

although my USAA Visa account isn't downloading any transactions into the account, I just noticed today when I was looking at the home tab that it lists several of my February Visa transactions in the Dashboard in the uncategorized transactions window. These same transactions do not show up in the actual account however. Not sure if this could help troubleshoot or not but I thought it worth mentioning.

• JamieJoe
    JamieJoe Member ✭✭
    Options

I tried the troubleshooting steps again- disconnecting the accounts, revoking permission for Quicken on the USAA website, adding USAA back to all of the accounts on Quicken, and it still isn't downloading any transactions to my USAA Visa CC account. And I still don't get any error messages that would indicate there is a problem. The overall account balance appears to be updating minus any actual transactions since December 31, 2023

• Parabola101
    Parabola101 Member ✭✭
    Options

I am also having USAA issues specifically with credit card downloads. Everything was syncing correctly and then suddenly stopped for the entire month of February 2024. I have also followed the disconnect/reconnect (turn off, turn on again) advice and that did not fix the issue.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello All,

If you followed the troubleshooting steps from the alert and your issue is still not resolved, please contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance, as they have access to tools that we on the Community can't access and they are able to escalate the issue as needed. The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I apologize that I could not be of more assistance!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• JamieJoe
    JamieJoe Member ✭✭
    Options

I have an awful confession to make. I was able to get on the phone with Quicken support again and this time via screen sharing the support rep was able to determine that I had a filter applied to my Quicken Visa CC account and as soon as he saw that he had me clear my filters and all of my transactions appeared! They were evidently hidden because at some time or another I must've initiated a search on my Visa account and didn't clear the filter criteria so all of my transactions that were downloading were hidden from me. I'm so embarrassed but yet so happy at the same time to have this problem solved.

This discussion has been closed.