Previous Entries not Populating In Register

Options
denmarfl
denmarfl Member ✭✭✭✭

Since last Update R54.16…when I enter a Transaction in a Register, it will no longer "Complete Fields Using Previous Entries". I went to EDIT/Preferences…this menu is CHECKED "Complete Fields Using Previous Entries". I see the complete entry dropdown when I enter payee, I see the compete previous entry but the entry does not populate in the register as it did prior to the last Update. Prior you could tab or click on the Previous entry dropdown and the previous entry would populate…

Tagged:

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @denmarfl,

I tried to replicate the issue, but was not able to. Since you mentioned this happened after the update, have you restarted your computer since the issue started? If not, I would recommend doing so. That does sometimes correct unexpected behaviors.

If that does not resolve the issue, the next step would be to Validate/Super Validate the file. Please save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate: 

1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, proceed to Super Validate. If the issue is resolved after performing validation, then please disregard the instructions to Super Validate.

Super Validate:

1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.   

Please let me know how it goes!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• denmarfl
    denmarfl Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks…after trying Validate and Super Validate, neither of which corrected the issue…I went into Preference Menu again…. Data Entry and QuickFil….the sub menu "Recall memorized Payees…."was NOT checked\ I checked it ("Complete Field using Previous entries" still was checked).

I have not performed any actions in this Data Entry Quickfill menu forever….so seeing the Recall Menmorized Sub menu unchecked previously I had no reason but to feel it should be unchecked. Checking it however, for now, has resolved the Issue. I am getting the complete fill populated when entering a Transaction in the Register. I write, "for Now"…because something caused this RECALL sub Menu to become …I guess..to get Unchecked and the only thing I can think of…is perhaps a Quicken Update was the cause…

For now…all is well…..Thank You

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@denmarfl - There is a known issue for the last 1.5-2 yrs that when the Quicken version is updated, it will sometimes change previously set Preferences. It has happened to me at least 6 times over this time period and there are others who have posted experiencing this issue.

What gets changes appears to be at random but I suspect that there is something that happens during the update process that sometimes reverts one or more Preference settings to the Quicken settings defaults. For me, the most commonly changed Preferences include Automatic Backup settings, Manual Backup settings and selection of the Simple Investing default for new investment accounts. Others have posted about changes to other Preference settings. In every instance that I can think of it was only custom settings that were changed.

Most of the time, version updates do not cause any Preference changes but it happens enough that I now check the Preference settings for each of my data files every time after right after I update the version of Quicken.

Whether or not a version update to your Quicken installation changed your Preference setting cannot be known but it is a reasonable assumption to make. I suggest you check all of your Preference settings to make sure that nothing else has changed both now and in the future whenever you update the version of Quicken in the future.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

This discussion has been closed.