Bank of America Missing Transactions

Options
gbm
gbm Member ✭✭

Using Quicken for Mac … Downloads from my Bank of America checking account are missing transactions where the amount ends with .00 cents. Example: $75.00. All other transactions are downloading correctly. I have been manually adding the missing transactions since they are few in number and easily identified. I have tried updating the account separately. I have also disconnected and reconnected the account using Quicken Connect downloads. Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• TheGaston's
    TheGaston's Member
    Options

I am seeing a similar issue where not all transactions that have cleared Bank of America are downloaded but the online balance is correct which causes issues reconciling the account in Quicken. This just started last Friday. I gave it the weekend to see if it fixed itself but it did not. Tried contacting Quicken support via chat but that was pretty much useless. I have disconnected all the accounts and reconnected and reauthorized them with Bank of America but it did not download the missing transactions. Hopefully Quicken can get this working again quickly.

• gbm
    gbm Member ✭✭
    Options

TheGaston’s … Your issue sounds similar with one important difference; namely, my online balance is incorrect after the download. Quicken then adds a balance adjustment in the exact amount of the missing transaction(s).

• hurwi
    hurwi Mac Beta Beta
    Options

I'm missing transactions too - they don't necessarily have .00 cents though. There's this issue which hasn't been updated since November last year.

• Positiveguy1960
    Options

I have noticed this also although I thought in a slightly different flavor of it. I noticed that a couple transactions were missing and they are for transactions of the same amount as each other. The missing transactions were for $275.00 both. Don't know if that is causation or correlation to the problem but that's what I've seen. Hopefully it gets fixed.

• dchantry1
    dchantry1 Member
    Options

Having been having this issue since the end of January related to my BOA credit card. The transactions that have not been downloaded are not all ending in ".00", nor do they always match other transactions as to dollar amount. I have deactivated and reactivated the account in Quicken and have revoked and reinstated the account on the BOA website. Nothing has worked.

• Heidi O.
    Heidi O. Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi, having the same issue as above, although mine was working with BofA until just last week after Bank of America had performed some system updates on their side.

I have deactivated/activated as well and there are still transactions that have cleared my bank account which are not matching up in Quicken.

Is there a fix for this yet?

• dchantry1
    dchantry1 Member
    Options

Reported Problem in detail today (with attached files):

"This problem has been going on for a month now and is all over the Quicken Community. As of today, 18 BofA transactions have failed to download to my Quicken Classic Deluxe Ver 7.5.2 on my Mac (macOS 14.2.1. I have deactivated and reactivitate the account in Quicken, and deactivated and reactivated the account at BofA, but the problem remains. It appears to only impact one of my two CC accounts at BofA, and neither of my 2 checking/savings accounts with BofA. It should be noted that the iimpacted CC account is by far the most active. The problem also has not impcted my Merrill brokerage accounts or my PNC Mortgage account. As the attached files indicate (and has been noted by many community comments), many of the missing transactions are for the same amount and merchant ($25.00 for Starbucks), or whole dollar amounts ($25.00, $50.00, and $5.00), many more are for various amounts and merchants. Not all of the transactions for particular merchant are missing. This has gone on way too long."

• dchantry1
    dchantry1 Member
    Options

This problem is still not fixed - at least as far as missing transactions for BofA CC's. Although I went 5 days without a missing transaction, a Starbucks refill transaction from yesterday was missed and I reported another problem for that item. Although I have seen a mixed bag of missing transactions over the last month (20 in total), these Starbucks refills (for $25.00) are the most common - 6 of the 7 transactions for this over the last month were missed.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @dchantry1,

If you have followed the troubleshooting steps from the Community Alert that was linked earlier in this discussion, and the issue persists, please contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance. The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I apologize that I could not be of more assistance!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• dchantry1
    dchantry1 Member
    edited March 1
    Options

I have, it didn't, [Removed - Speculation]. I have reported the problem to Quicken twice now(with all logs and supporting files/information). I can certainly call Quicken Support as you suggest [Removed - Disruptive/Speculation].

• J. Holmes
    J. Holmes Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 6
    Options

I am experiencing similar issues. A handful of missing transactions that I have discovered include those with the same amount/payee (often same transaction date). Also, I sometimes manually enter ATM and Zelle payments. A few times, matching transactions haven't downloaded and I still have the orange pencil icon.

This discussion has been closed.