Why do some of my budgets keep changing? I'm using Windows

Options

Last year I got along fine with my account balances and budgets. Then this year not all my balances carried forward and I was told by Quicken to manually to adjust them. I did this and I have manually adjusted the budget amounts that keep changing. From last night to this morning 3 of them are off again. I'm keeping an excel spreadsheet to compare. I've talked to support but they don't have any answers for me. It's very frustrating. My account balances are correct.

Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @jlmalloy,

Do you have the ticket number that would have been given to you during your Quicken Support interaction?

Thanks!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• jlmalloy
    jlmalloy Member ✭✭
    Options

Yes I do.

Ticket ID":"10804356"

• CuriosiT
    CuriosiT Member
    Options

This happens often when syncing with the cloud. There's something very wrong with the syncing. I've seen multiple posts on this site about the same issue, but the discussions always get closed…..

• jlmalloy
    jlmalloy Member ✭✭
    Options

Interesting. I'm waiting to see if Jasmine has any suggestions.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your replies,

Usually, when budget values randomly change on their own, it is caused either by file specific issues, or sometimes syncing with the cloud triggers it. I can see from the ticket that Support already had you run a validate (which can correct some file specific issues), but wasn't able to troubleshoot further since the issue didn't return after the validate during the chat.

If you have cloud sync turned on, I recommend turning it off and testing to see if the issue persists with cloud sync turned off. To turn cloud sync off, go to Edit>Preferences>Mobile & Web.

If you see Sync is on, click on the blue circle to the left of the word ON and it should turn Sync off.

Let me know how it goes!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• jlmalloy
    jlmalloy Member ✭✭
    Options

It seems to be working correctly after changing to sync off! Thanks so much!

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for the follow up,

I'm glad to hear it's behaving properly with sync turned off.

If you need further assistance, feel free to reach out!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.