My Fidelity fixed annuity account will not update.

Options

My Fidelity IRA shows up and updates but the Annuity which is with Massachusetts Mutual does not update even though it shows up on my Fidelity account. I printed a net worth report back in July of 23 and it showed up. Not sure exactly when it stopped. I tried deleting that part of the account and re-added it. When it asked which accounts I wanted to add it was there on the screen showing it's value. I added it again and it said it was successfully added but it still shows zero. I asked it to update again and it said the update was successful but it still shows zero.
I'm running MacOS Sonoma ver 14.2.1.

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @Davidsr54,

To assist with this issue, please provide more information. Is that annuity serviced by Massachusetts Mutual or by Fidelity? Is it set to Simple or Detailed tracking? If it's on Simple, I recommend switching to Detailed (if you have the option) to see if that corrects the issue. You can check whether it is Simple or Detailed by clicking on the account to select it, then going to Accounts>Settings. On the Details tab, in the Investment Tracking section, it will show which tracking method you are currently using.

I look forward to your response!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Davidsr54 - QWin does not support online setup/downloading of Annuities of any kind. They need to be set up as offline manual accounts.

Until Dec when Fidelity implemented EWC+ (Quicken Connect for QMac), I never got my annuity account to be set up with Fidelity. But when EWC+ was cut in by Fidelity that annuity account was recognized and set up in Quicken with EWC+. However there was no data downloaded so it shows as $0 value. It updates everytime I run OSU but no data ever is downloaded. It tells me that Annuities still are not online supported accounts.

I am not sure but I believe QMac never supported online setup/downloading of Annuities, either. If that is the case, then perhaps your Annuity account in Quicken before was set up as an offline manual account?

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

This discussion has been closed.