Trying to add Schwab as a new account as part of the TD Ameritrade acquisition -

Options
jematlas
jematlas Member ✭✭
edited March 19 in Investing (Windows)

the error i consistently receive is "we couldn't get information about charles schwab & co Inc the account will be set up as a manual account

how do i correct this?

Answers

• jematlas
    jematlas Member ✭✭
    Options

this is as I a trying to set up a new account

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @jematlas,

To help troubleshoot this issue, please provide more information. When did you first notice this problem? Do you see any error messages or error codes? Are you able to successfully update your other accounts? Have you restarted the program or the computer since the issue began? If you haven't, then I'd recommend doing so.

I look forward to your response!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 10
    Options

@jematlas - what version of Quicken - Starter - Deluxe - Premiere
    also which Release and Expiration Date …. Help —> About Quicken

also -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@jematlas

I suggest you consider the path outlined here. Note in particular, step 4. That direction reuses your existing TDA account as the connection point for the Schwab data.

• jematlas
    jematlas Member ✭✭
    Options

I don’t get past the 1st part - it never gives me the opportunity to sign in to Schwab

• jematlas
    jematlas Member ✭✭
    Options

I’m using Deluxe. Version R54.16 build 27.1.54.16

• jematlas
    jematlas Member ✭✭
    Options

kristina,

the error message i receive is above and has been consistent each time i try to select Charles Schwab. yes i have restarted both my PC and quicken multiple times as well as signing out of my quicken account thru preferences and signing back in

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 11
    Options

have you been able to setup any other accounts for downloading … ?

Can you sign into the online Schwab website ?
    And do you see all your old TD accounts?

https://welcome.schwab.com/

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 11
    Options

copied from previous posting…. and did some editing of the text and instructions -
    Of course - you will need online access to your Schwab website account.
    You already have your old existing TD accounts setup in Quicken.

0 - make a backup of your Quicken data …. File —> Backup —>
    1. deactivated online access for all my existing TD Ameritrade accounts in Quicken.
    You can manually edit/change name from TD to Schwab if you want.
    2. Create new account in Quicken to create new Charles Schwab accounts
    Quicken Add Account - Quicken Authorization info screens displayed
    You enter your new Schwab User ID and Password in the process-
    3. Quicken sends you to the Charles Schwab website,
    where you enter you credentials and approve your account data to be accessed by Quicken.
    4. You are then transferred back to Quicken,
    where you need to link your newly accessed Schwab account(s) to your existing Quicken TD Ameritrade account(s).
    In case you have several accounts, you need to make sure that you link each new Schwab to the corresponding TD Ameritrade account.
    You really need to pay attention and make sure you LINK to your existing Quicken TD accounts.
    5. You can now rename your TD Ameritrade account(s) to Schwab, in case you did not do it in the first step above.
    6. Check you stock, cash and mutual funds transactions in your new Schwab account(s).
    7. ran One Step Update in Quicken and everything works fine.

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

you didn't mention the expiration date of your Quicken subscription ?

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• jematlas
    jematlas Member ✭✭
    Options

expires 11/24. The issue is after I select Charles Schwab I never get to a screen allowing me to enter any kind of user name/password. I’m promote to make this a manual account. I’ve even deleted my Mcafee software in case that was causing a conflict in the firewall

• jematlas
    jematlas Member ✭✭
    Options

all my other bank accounts and credit card account work just fine. I can log into Schwab accounts normally just can’t thru quicken. There isn’t a download feature either or I’d just be tempted to download ending balances once a month or so.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    edited February 11
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

Sometimes, this issue is caused by old/invalid information being stored in the cloud or in the cache. To troubleshoot this, I suggest following these steps:

1. Backup your Quicken file.
    2. Check for any hidden accounts that are connected to Schwab. To do this, go to Tools>Account List, then, if you have hidden accounts, there will be a Show hidden accounts checkbox at the lower left. Scroll through the Account List, looking for any hidden accounts that think they're connected to Schwab (Transaction Download column will say "yes" if an account thinks its connected). If you find any that are connected, deactivate them.
    3. Before attempting to connect to Schwab, go to Edit>Preferences>Mobile & Web. There should be a blue link that says Reset your cloud data. Click on that link. Note: If you don't see that link, you have sync turned off. You would need to turn the sync on, click OK, then go back to Edit>Preferences>Mobile & Web. Then you should be able to click on that link. Once the cloud reset is complete, you can turn the sync back off again.
    4. After the cloud reset completes, go to Edit>Preferences>Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts. There will be a blue link that says Sign in as a different user. Click that link, type "yes", then click the Sign Out button.
    5. Quicken will log you out and take you back to the login screen. Before logging in, close Quicken and leave it closed for at least 5 seconds.
    6. Re-open Quicken. When it finishes loading, it will take you to the login screen. Log in to Quicken.
    7. Once you are logged back into Quicken, connect the accounts by going to Tools>Add Account. Search for the Financial Institution and follow the prompts. If you are adding the accounts as new, check the action column to make sure it is showing Add and not Link to existing.

Note: Since this process does clear out some cached information, your next One Step Update may take longer than usual to complete.

Please let me know how it goes!

Quicken Kristina

• jematlas
    jematlas Member ✭✭
    Options

so I’m not sure this was the problem but I hadn’t changed the name of the account. Today I did that - just named them Schwab IRA and the add account functioned as it should I also had removed my Mcafee firewall software as I wasn’t sure that wasn’t also causing an issue. Thanks

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for the follow-up,

I'm glad to hear you were able to successfully connect the account.

If you need further assistance, please feel free to reach out!

Quicken Kristina

This discussion has been closed.