Unable to connect to Wells Fargo - "not your fault" error and says credentials incorrect

Options

This discussion was created from comments split from:

Unable to Download Transactions

Comments

• judykane808
    judykane808 Member ✭✭
    Options

I have not been able to connect with Wells Fargo to set up my 2024 accounts. It says there is a connection problem - not my fault - but the error box says the login info was incorrect. I have double-checked my login info - it's exactly what I use to log in directly to the bank.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    edited February 10
    Options

Hello @judykane808,

To assist with this issue, could you please provide more information? Are you trying to add these accounts using Direct Connect, or Express Web Connect +? The error you describe makes me suspect that you are trying to connect via Direct Connect and it's wanting you to authorize through the financial institution website first.

If the sample message above is the error you are seeing, then what you need to do to correct the issue is go the site the error message specifies, https://www.wellsfargo.com/fmssetup, and follow the prompts. Once that is done, it will give you 10 minutes to go through the add account process on the Quicken side.

If the sample image does not match the error message you are seeing, then please post a screenshot of the error message you are seeing (with any personal information redacted). If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments.

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.