Connecting my Macy's Card to Quicken

Options

I'm trying to connect mt Macy's Credit Card to Quicken and I get an error message: Sorry, We encountered an error (it's not your fault). Quicken is having trouble connecting to Macy's Credit Card"

Any suggestions?

Best Answer

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @S Puszcz,

We do currently have an active alert regarding FDP-105(CC-505) with Macy's Credit Cards. This could be contributing to the issue that you are experiencing.

You may follow this link to access that alert where you can bookmark it for any further updates. We apologize for any inconvenience caused in the meantime.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @S Puszcz,

We do currently have an active alert regarding FDP-105(CC-505) with Macy's Credit Cards. This could be contributing to the issue that you are experiencing.

You may follow this link to access that alert where you can bookmark it for any further updates. We apologize for any inconvenience caused in the meantime.

-Quicken Jasmine

• Ron Obstfeld
    Ron Obstfeld Member ✭✭
    Options

I am having the same issue….for about a week.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @Ron Obstfeld,

Thank you for coming to share that you are also experiencing this issue.

Please follow the link in my previous response for any further updates.

Thanks!

-Quicken Jasmine

• R. Peter Wolf
    R. Peter Wolf Member ✭✭
    Options

I've been having the same problem.

• feobrien
    feobrien Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Same problem here. I see the information by following the link, but the problem has still not been solved.

• Ted Gallagher
    Ted Gallagher Member ✭✭
    Options

Same issue here, for about a week now. Following.

• Toi
    Toi Member ✭✭
    Options

Same issue here. For more than a week.

• Randall Sass
    Randall Sass Member ✭✭
    Options

Same issue here — for about two weeks. It's time for a resolution.

• floydfan
    floydfan Member ✭✭
    Options

Same problem here. Add this to Comenity, Kohls and some Citi accounts. Credit card connections are breaking all over the place with Quicken. And no matter how many submitted reports or phone calls I make, based on the recommendations of the moderators, nothing has been fixed. Been a customer for more than 30 years and this is horrific.

• fayoub
    fayoub Member ✭✭
    edited February 16
    Options

Hello Everyone!

I just had a successful One Step Update download of my Macy's Amex (Wells Fargo) account. Give it a try.

• floydfan
    floydfan Member ✭✭
    Options

Nope, still broken here.

• lkrupp
    lkrupp Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Macy’ s credit card connected okay this morning. A big thank you to Quicken technicians for the fix.

• dkump
    dkump Member ✭✭✭
    Options

No error, but nothing downloaded. I'm still missing transactions since this problem started a week or two ago.

• Snorkle
    Snorkle Member ✭✭✭
    Options

The Macy's credit card transaction download appears to have been fixed for me. A dialog popped up during OSU that reset the account and relinked to my register. Crossing my fingers that this is an actual fix for the problem.

• dkump
    dkump Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Now getting CC-506 error. When these things happen, I'm never sure if I should deactivate/reactivate or just wait it out.

• floydfan
    floydfan Member ✭✭
    Options

STILL broken here.

• floydfan
    floydfan Member ✭✭
    Options

This is what I keep getting now in Quicken Mac Classic. It just hangs for awhile and then I get this dialog box.

• Ted Gallagher
    Ted Gallagher Member ✭✭
    Options

Last night I tried adding Macy's as a new account. I then linked it to my exisiting account. It worked once and then quit, but did offer to try to fix the problem. I worked through the Q & As including letting it reset the account, which it did. It then worked last night and again this morning. So we shall see.

• Ted Gallagher
    Ted Gallagher Member ✭✭
    Options

I got this last night. I hit the "fix it" button and allowed it to reset the account. For now that seems to have solved for me.

• Greg Brown
    Greg Brown Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I am having an issue trying to add a replacement Macy's Amex card CC-503. Is this related to the known issue or do I need to start a new dialogue?

Quicken Business and Personal-R56.9 Windows 11 PRO current on updates

• Wayne Daren
    Wayne Daren Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Download has been broken for weeks. Funny how years ago Quicken was more reliable.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

And yet, there is nothing fundamentally different between then and now on Quicken's side. First off, I actually disagree, over the years my wife's Macy's card has had a record of having some kind of problem every few months. So, it has never been problem free. In fact, for that last year or so has been performing the best it has ever been, up until this problem.

But besides that, what really has been changing is that over the years the financial institutions have been changing to try to deal with different security threats. Express Web Connect has always been a "hack" for the lack of a standardization in the financial industry. Instead of a secure standardized computer protocol (because not all of the financial institutions will adopt one) you have "Login is as the user". Sure, nothing wrong with that, I'm sure no hacker has ever tried to write a program that logs in as the user! And then you have the second part of this. "Get the transactions off of a website that is also "not standardized"". Yes, financial institutions never change their websites and make sure they keep them stable so that downloading of transactions won't be affected!

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • RalphC
    RalphC Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

There was an issue with my Macy's connections in early February, as I recall, probably on Macy's credit card side. But, just recently, resetting the account resolved the issue and I can connect with no issues.

• Randall Sass
    Randall Sass Member ✭✭
    Options

I'm getting the connection between Quicken and Macy's. However, I've been waiting for a week to download 2 purchase transactions and a payment. So as far as I'm concerned, problems still exist.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

For what it is worth, I'm seeing what others are reporting in other threads. Where I can setup the account, but the account number is wrong. They also report not getting any transactions when this happens. I can't tell because my wife's Macy's credit card is seldom used, and is currently at a zero balance:

Since CC-506 says it thinks that the credit card account is closed, I think these are the same problem, somehow the account information isn't getting to Quicken correctly.

Signature:
  • floydfan
    floydfan Member ✭✭
    Options

Still broken here. Getting the have you mistyped your info message again. Reported to Quicken - hopefully they'll solve this soon.

• Ted Gallagher
    Ted Gallagher Member ✭✭
    edited February 22
    Options

This morning's download failed for me but following the reset prompts seemed to have worked (again!). But as a previous poster stated, I cannot be certain it is actually working until we purchase something from Macy's.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I setup my wife's Macy's credit card again today and it has the right account number this time, so maybe it is fixed. The card is seldom used, so it isn't a good check that everything is working, but it is promising.

Signature:
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

In my main data file, my Macy's Store Card and Macy's Amex Card accounts had been deactivated during one of the previous Reset Account procedures I had done in trying to fix the connection. Today I did Set Up Now and the connections were properly matched/restored with the correct account numbers and balances. There were no new transactions downloaded because there have been no new transactions with these cards in the last few weeks.

I then did Add Account in a TEST file and both accounts were added as new accounts with the correct account numbers, correct online balances, correct account balances and about a year's worth of transactions downloaded.

For the wrong p/n accounts that were set up earlier this week in another TEST file, I needed to deactivate both accounts on the Online Services tabs of Account Details, delete the Financial Institution Information from the General tabs of Account Details and then do Set Up Now. The accounts then set up with the correct account numbers, the correct online balances and downloaded transactions for the past year. However, the original Opening Balance transactions (from earlier this week) needed to be deleted before the Account balances were correct.

In all 3 of these scenarios, the process of reactivating the accounts took much longer than expected but they did complete properly.

It sure seems like this Macy's issue is resolved but time will tell if it stays resolved.

Quicken Classic Premier (US) Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Boatnmaniac that is a good point for people that have to setup the connection. You should always use File → Add Account (or the + sign on the Account bar) and not just "Setup" from the Account Details dialog. When you use Setup from the Account Details dialog it tries to use the financial institution information that is in that dialog (General tab) which can be wrong. When you use Add Account it ignores that information, and at the end you can link it to the correct account.

Signature:
This discussion has been closed.