AMEX, Some transactions not being Cleared (Downladed and Matched)

WFP
WFP Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭✭

Over the past few months I have noticed the following issue occasionally occur. It seems that the account in Quicken loses track of some transactions that AMEX has moved from pending on their online access to "cleared" but Quicken keeps the transaction as uncleared after downloads. This started after the change in how Quicken communicates with AMEX that was implemented last year.

I usually enter transactions manually for AMEX card expenditures and then await the download to clear them. One of these is a transaction that is used often for the same amount, a daily parking charge at a commuter lot so there are three to five of these each week. So this may be because of the repeat nature of the transaction.

As an example, today, a Tuesday, there were still two uncleard tranactions in Quicken for parking last Thursday and Friday. The Online balance at the bottom of the account screen in Quicken includes these two charges (considers them cleared) but quicken register does not have them cleared and there is no other cleared transaction that replaced them. AMEX online properly shows them cleared.

Maybe this is a timing issue but the last time this happened a couple of weeks ago, the items (a few of these parking entries) never cleared. I manually cleared them at reconcilliation and the account trued up.

It seems as though at some point, Quicken chooses to ignore these tranasctions possibly because they are so frequent? Has anyone else noticed this occurring?

/Bill

Comments

• portoec
    portoec Quicken Windows Subscription Member

I'm having the same problem. I notice charges on my Amex that do not download to Quicken. I can't seem to find any consistency between them. Some are small and some are large.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Quicken Windows Subscription Moderator mod

Hello @WFP and @portoec,

Downloads from American Express missing some transactions is a known issue. To troubleshoot the issue, please follow these steps:

1. Backup your Quicken file.
    2. Deactivate all the accounts associated with American Express (AMEX).
    3. Navigate to AMEX's website, (https://www.americanexpress.com/), look for third-party apps, and unlink Quicken. The steps to locate third-party apps within AMEX are below:
      1. Sign in
      2. Account Services
      3. Security and Privacy
      4. Manage third-party permissions
      5. Revoke authorization for Quicken
    4. After the accounts are unlinked, return to Quicken, and attempt to Add the AMEX accounts by using the "+" button.
    5. Carefully relink your AMEX accounts with the corresponding Quicken accounts.

If the issue persists after you have followed these steps, please reach out to Quicken Support for further assistance.

Thank you!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Vetter
    Vetter Member ✭✭

Same issue for me. This didn't solve it.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Quicken Mac Subscription Moderator mod

Hello @Vetter,

Thank you for joining this thread to share that you are also experiencing this issue.

As stated by @Quicken Kristina: If the issue persists after you have followed these steps, please reach out to Quicken Support for further assistance.

I apologize that we could not be of more assistance!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.