How to connect to TreasuryDirect? All prev threads were closed without resolution

Options
mikek753b
mikek753b Member ✭✭✭✭

hi,

Is there a way to download from treasurydirect.gov (TD)?

There were so many threads for this issue, but Quicken closed all of those without any resolution.

All tech support interactions also were confirmed the issue, but no solution yet.

BTW my Fidelity full view can download from TD just fine, sure I have to provide the code every time, but it works.

Anything can be done to download from TD automatically?

I've tired to enter TD transactions manually

thanks

Best Regards

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @mikek753b,

Currently, there is no online connection for Treasury Direct in Quicken for Windows. However, you may read more information here on how to manually connect and update your Treasury Direct account(s). I also found an idea thread regarding more support for Treasury Direct accounts in Quicken for Windows which you may find here for further information and to add your vote.

Furthermore, for a financial institution to support downloads to Quicken and to be added to our bank list, the request to be added would need to be made and submitted by the financial institution to our service providers. If you want Quicken to be supported, you will need to contact your financial institution directly and tell them you'd like to download your accounts into Quicken.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• mikek753b
    mikek753b Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

hello @Quicken Jasmine

I'm really confused as TD is officially supported connector in the Quicken, unless it was dropped recently.

Please, take a look at what Quicken explains about the CC-501, that stands for Quicken servers have an issue.

So the question remains - how to fix the issue?

thanks

Best Regards
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

"I'm really confused as TD is officially supported connector in the Quicken, unless it was dropped recently."

I can't tell you when Treasury Direct was "dropped", but my tests demonstrate that they are no longer supported.

What you're seeing is likely some sort of artifact left over from you once having an activated Treasury Direct account in your Quicken file.

To clear up your confusion: create a New (test) Quicken file and try to setup Treasury Direct there.

-JP

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@mshiggins TreasuryDirect is still there (but not working, I don't think it was every working on Quicken Windows).

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Apologies! I mistakenly looked for "Treasury Direct" rather than "TreasuryDirect".

Still; if Quicken support can't make a connection with TreasuryDirect or offer any assistance in getting one (I couldn't find any other post here where anyone said it was possible either). I think the original poster is out of luck.

[I don't find the op's confusion about the meaning of a CC-501 to conclusively indicate a Quicken problem: if TreasuryDirect is not permitting Quicken to access the TreasuryDirect server, that could explain the CC-501. And if TreasuryDirect is the cause, Quicken can't force them to allow access. Also, unless Quicken has changed their policy; it doesn't matter whether the financial institution Is preventing access - as long as the financial institution doesn't agree to have their name removed from the fidir.txt file, Quicken will leave it there ... and leave users swinging in the wind.]

-JP

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @mikek753b,

@mshiggins is correct, TreasuryDirect is all one word and is a supported connection in Quicken.

Regarding the issue that you are experiencing, due to the length of time that you have been receiving this error message, I suggest contacting Quicken Support directly for further assistance as an escalation may be in order.

The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I apologize for the misunderstanding and that I could not be of further assistance.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• mikek753b
    mikek753b Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I spoke to Tech support and they were not able to fix this, while asked me to talk to TreasuryDirect online support, to ask TD to re auth my login for Quicken.
    The TD support was already off working EST hours, so I plan to call TD on Monday.
    Any one was able to re auth TD?

At Quicken Support session my web browser access to TD has worked just fine, support rep told me that is another login session to Intuit servers that is needed to be re auth.

Best Regards
  • mikek753b
    mikek753b Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I spent another 30 minutes with Treasury Direct on-line support for nothing.

I was told nothing can be done on TreasuryDirect for this matter, it belongs to Quicken to properly do Login auth process:

1. provide User
    2. provide OTP
    3. provide Password

so back to Quicken to fix this issue

Best Regards
  • maxwelwp
    maxwelwp Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

Difficult to understand why Quicken is unable to resolve this issue. Fidelity Investments uses eMoney for their Full View product and have no problem connecting and downloading from TreasuryDirect….

“Never stop dreaming,never stop believing,never give up,never stop trying, andnever stop learning.”
    Quicken user since 1993

• mikek753b
    mikek753b Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

BTW - Quicken uses Intuit, eMoney uses another aggregator provider, that has no issue to work with TreasuryDirect.

Can Quicken address this issue? ETA?

Best Regards
  • Sairajaan
    Sairajaan Member ✭✭
    Options

It would be really great indeed if Quicken could fix the connection with TreasuryDirect… is Quicken working on it?

This discussion has been closed.