Scotiabank - Missing some Transactions

Options
NoFourPutts
NoFourPutts Member ✭✭✭

Using Express Web Connect on Win10 Quicken Classic Deluxe R54.17.

In the last month certain transactions are no longer downloading. In particular, ones that are repetitive (OLG Auto Purchases for each draw and a weekly ABM withdrawal). Never had an issue with these transactions up until about a month ago. All other transactions download with no issue.

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    edited February 16
    Options

Hello @NoFourPutts,

Based on your description of the issue, the missing transactions may be getting inappropriately matched with earlier, already posted, transactions that are very similar (same payee and amount). If that is what's happening, you may want to turn off auto entry in the problem account register(s) so that you have a chance to match/unmatch transactions as appropriate before adding to the register. This article gives more information on matching/unmatching transactions.

If the transactions are not inappropriately matching to similar transactions that have already posted to your account register, then I recommend that you follow the steps in this article on missing transactions to troubleshoot the issue further.

Let me know how it goes!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Arctic Hare
    Arctic Hare SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

This should not happen if the new transactions have unique downloaded IDs. Quicken should never math a newly downloaded transaction to one that already has a (different) downloaded ID.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I think you should look at the numerous threads for Quicken Windows US and Quicken Mac. "Missing transactions, in the last month or so" is got to be the number one most posted thing on this forum. Note most of the time, people are reporting (and I have personally seen) that the missing transaction has the same amount as a previous transaction. It is across Quicken Windows US Quicken Mac, multiple financial institutions, and now Quicken Windows Canadian. About the only common factors are that the connection type is either Express Web Connect or Express Web Connect +.

And note that I was able to "find" my missing downloaded transaction by deactivating and reactivating the account for downloading (Reset wasn't enough) and when I got that transaction downloaded the unique Id as different from every other transaction's unique Id.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • NoFourPutts
    NoFourPutts Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 20
    Options

I'm aware of these settings and have all auto entry and category memorization settings turned off, and have for my 15 years of using Quicken. For some reason, Express Web Connect seems to be thinking these are duplicate transactions and not showing them as Downloaded Transaction that are cleared but not yet entered into the register.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Web Connect seems to be thinking

Just a bit of a warning. "Web Connect" is an actual term meaning downloading and importing a QFX file.

So, when you want to refer to Express Web Connect, please don't drop the Express part of it, it is important, since the two systems work quite differently.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • NoFourPutts
    NoFourPutts Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Looks like this got fixed as I just got a long list of transactions show up as downloaded…back to Feb 8th.

This discussion has been closed.