Missing downloads

Options

I am running Classic on Mac - Version 7.5.2 (Build 705.51955.100)

I am a very experienced, long term user (decades) so this is not user error. I am finding missing transactions across ALL my download accounts - Bank of America Chase, Citibank and others. Most transactions download, but several do not, leaving me to waste time hunting down the transactions I have to enter manually. It has been happening for about 1 month. I see several other complaints across version. This is very annoying! Please address ASAP. Thanks.

Comments

• someone else
    Options

I am seconding this—though currently it has just been my Chase. I am on Mac Quicken Deluxe Version 7.5.2 (Build 705.51955.100). And it seems to have happened since the latest update. Customer support had me create a new account and connect it. It worked for about a few days but it's happening all over again. I seem to missing about 1-2/transactions every 2-3 days.

• Scott Hander
    Scott Hander Member ✭✭
    Options

I think I am having the same issue, Version 7.5.2 (Build 705.51955.100). Only happening on my Chase credit account, most transactions downloaded but some are missing. Had to manually reconcile on the 9th, downloading a spreadsheet and identifying missing transactions. Brought everything into balance and downloaded tonight and had to do it all over again.

• Scott Rose
    Scott Rose Mac Beta Beta
    Options

I am having the exact same problem with Chase credit card transactions. I have noticed that all of my missing transactions are from the exact same merchants, over & over again. It's almost as if Quicken has decided to block certain merchants' transactions from being downloaded into Quicken.

• RoswellJohn
    Options

I am having the same problem with American Express credit card transactions. I'm using Windows version R54.16. I'm tired of having to hunt down the missing transactions and then having to enter them manually.

• Scott Rose
    Scott Rose Mac Beta Beta
    edited February 21
    Options

it’s sad that we can no longer depend on Quicken for basic functionality such as this, yet I don’t even know if there are any competing products that can do what Quicken does. Windows users might have other options, but there is absolutely nothing good available for Mac users except for Quicken. There is one app for Mac called iBank, but it’s really weak. It would be much better & easier if Quicken just resolved this problem.

• titusgroans
    titusgroans Member ✭✭
    Options

My problem is still continuing as of today with several Bank of America transaction missing. This adds totally wasted time to my day

• titusgroans
    titusgroans Member ✭✭
    Options

I called support and actually got right through. They had me unlink and relink my accounts. I am deeply skeptical but will try it of course. I will keep this discussion posted.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

This "might" get your missing transactions to download, but it will not fix the problem.

This is an ongoing problem which started at about the beginning of the year and affects both Quicken Mac and Quicken Windows users for all financial institutions where the connection type isn't Direct Connect or Web Connect/QFX file.

Note you most likely will find that the dropped transactions are ones that are the same amount as another transaction that was download "approximately" about the same time (days, maybe even weeks apart).

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • John Ellis
    John Ellis Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Chris_QPW wrote, "Note you most likely will find that the dropped transactions are ones that are the same amount as another transaction that was download "approximately" about the same time (days, maybe even weeks apart)."

This started happening in my Quicken / Windows on my February statements for two Chase credit card accounts. Second transactions from the same merchant and amount weren't download.

• tompfr
    tompfr Member ✭✭
    Options

FWIW, from Jan 25 thru Feb 20 I had 10 missing transactions in my Chase CC account. I have seen none since then, even though there were a few instances of repeating amounts within a few days. So maybe a good sign, we'll see….

• allyw
    allyw Member ✭✭
    Options

Still consistently missing repeating amount transactions on my Discover card. Haven’t had as many repeating transactions recently on other accounts so not sure if it’s still happening there.

• cyberphile
    cyberphile Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I noticed that I also have missing transactions on my Discover card. It seems to happen with only certain merchants but sometimes those merchants are downloaded. This seems to have started last Jan 2024.

• allyw
    allyw Member ✭✭
    Options

@cyberphile As Chris notes and as you’ll see if you look at other threads about this, it seems to be happening with transactions that are from the same merchant, and also for the same amount, that happen within a few days of each other.

• cyberphile
    cyberphile Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 11
    Options

I just had 13 transactions from many days in February suddenly show up today (March 11). They are from the same 3 or 4 restaurants. But there were other transactions from those same restaurants that were downloaded in a timely fashion during the same period. I am using Express Web Connect from Discover Card Account Center. There doesn't seem to be an option to use EWC+.

I spent a couple of hours trying to find these transactions from my statements to determine the out of balance cause with the online balance. Not happy.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Note that even though the problem is on the server and as such affecting both Quicken Mac and Quicken Windows users, this is a Quicken Mac thread. It is best to stick to a Quicken Windows thread for the same problem so that any suggestions will be correct for your version of Quicken.

Signature:
  • Olmbrunkstead
    Olmbrunkstead Member
    Options

I have the same issue with Wells Fargo accounts. Biggest issue is that the balance in Quicken is correct so adding any missing transactions manually will throw that off.
    I was also directed by Support to disconnect and then reconnect the accounts which did upload those missing transactions but overrode previous corrections to individual transaction categories. This led to an hour of going back to change transaction catagories all over again.
    Three days later and more missing transactions. I’m new to Quicken and fed up already. I’m getting none of the benefit since data is continuing to go missing and all the reporting and budgeting is unreliable.

• Olmbrunkstead
    Olmbrunkstead Member
    Options

At what point does Quicken post this as a known issue and provide updates on a fix?

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

The biggest problem with getting a good thread to follow is it seems like they refuse to acknowledge that this is a "generic" problem one that is not tied to a given financial institution or even between Quicken Windows/Mac.

If you look at this section of this site you will see that "missing transactions" ae posted many times, but they are always stating it like it is an individual financial institution problem:

https://community.quicken.com/categories/product-alerts

Signature:
  • erika perrin
    erika perrin Member
    Options

I did read somewhere in Quicken (due to having THE SAME PROBLEM) that sometimes the transactions won't download until the statement it finished on that account? I'm not sure if that means when the statement is close to being created, sometime in the computer world says hold until it's done? I have no idea but I'd really love to find out because like ALL of you, it's still happening.

• erika perrin
    erika perrin Member
    Options

I wonder if everyone here just keeps posting until it's a crazy long thread? Does anyone know how to get their attention?

• John Ellis
    John Ellis Member ✭✭✭
    Options

In a previous bug-report thread in which I had identified at least a dozen prior identical reports:

the Quicken moderator told me that the development team doesn't monitor this forum and implied that the Quicken moderators wouldn't bother to alert the development team about it. The moderator suggested calling Support or using the Report A Problem tool in the app. In past interactions, Support has been a complete waste of my time.

I post here to alert other users about similar issues and learn what workarounds they have, knowing full well that Quicken can't be bothered to respect the information its customers provide it.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Here is my opinion/impression, partly based on being a long-time software developer.

First, I would state that if they have developers monitoring all these threads then they have a wasted software developer(s), because you can't read these threads and code at the same time. And they aren't trained to deal with customers either. On the other hand, even though the development group doesn't monitor this forum, that doesn't mean that they don't use it for a resource to try to find a solution to a problem. The difference is that when they are working on a given problem, they might search the forum/be directed to a given thread and read it.

Reporting of bugs is also not the moderator's primary job, but it is pretty clear to me and when they feel that they have useful information for the development or other groups they do pass that on. And yes, if there are a lot of people complaining about something then it is going to get more attention, and possibility to have it passed on. But I doubt endless complaints by one or two people is going to have a good effect. In fact, it might have the opposite effect.

On the other hand, the primary job of Quicken Support is to a) Try to solve the customer's problem. The secondary one would be to forward problems to the development group.

And then we come to "Help → Report a problem". Its main job is to get logs to the developers. Depending on the problem, these might be just the information they need to fix the problem.

And lastly, I'm going to state one more thing about "schedules/estimates" to fixing a bug. Unless the person(s) fixing the problem are basically in the last stages of fixing it, this is a useless question. Certainly, one I have been asked many a time, but the only real honest answer to it is "I don't know.". Even if you have identified the problem and are working on the code, there is always the possibility that you will run into some kind of problem or maybe even what you thought would fix the problem doesn't do it.

The question is like putting a box in front of someone and asking them to tell you what is in it. You can't know, what you don't know. And I'm sure a lot of people will also identify with this statement even if they don't work in software "It always seems to take more time than you thought it would." That is why it is a bad idea to state an estimate because the customers will think that has some actual reference to when it will actually get fixed, it will just as good as the guess of what is in that box.

Signature:
  • John Ellis
    John Ellis Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Adobe uses its Lightroom/Camera Raw product forums much more productively. It has a full-time moderator who's part of the product team (not an engineer but a true expert in the programs, unlike the typical customer-support person), and they encourage bug reports to be filed in the forums. The Adobe moderator, with the help of forum participants, ensures that the bugs can be reproduced before submitting them internally

This approach has numerous advantages, truly leveraging the power of the user community. It provides better transparency about which problems are considered by Adobe as "bugs" (implementation flaws) and which are designated "as designed" behaviors, about how many might be experiencing the problem, and different workarounds. Often an initial problem report doesn't have enough details to be reproducible or is experienced intermittently, but subsequent reports can fill in the details, making an actionable report.

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

Adobe uses its Lightroom/Camera Raw product forums much more productively. It has a full-time moderator who's part of the product team (not an engineer but a true expert in the programs, unlike the typical customer-support person), and they encourage bug reports to be filed in the forums. The Adobe moderator, with the help of forum participants, ensures that the bugs can be reproduced before submitting them internally

Sounds good. First, I'd note that reproducing a bug in Lightroom doesn't require sharing personal financial information, as is sometimes necessary with Quicken. But here's the bigger problem:

Adobe number of employees: nearly 30,000
    Quicken number of employees: roughly 200

Annual cost of Quicken Simplifi, Classic Deluxe, and Classic Premier: $48, $72, $96 (before frequent discounts)
    Annual cost of Lightroom, Photoshop, Creative Suite: $120, $260, $660

Adobe annual revenue: about $20 billion
    Quicken annual revenue: unknown as a private company, but estimated to be between $50 and $100 million

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993