Reconcile working wierd

Options

Just recently when I attempt to reconcile an account, the screen telle me that "There are no uncleared items to reconcile".

Previously when I went into <ctrl>R econcile I would be presented with a screen showing current transactions that have not been reconciled and the transactions that were in Bold Face were cleared, along with deposits identified in the same way. Now all I see is this "warning". This happens no matter how I launch the Reconcile function (Tools: Reconcile an account), (Gear icon in register: Reconcile), or using the speed key <ctrl>R.

I keep Quicken updated with the latest updates. Presently I am at Version R54.16 Build 27.1.54.15.

Any ideas would be helpful.

Thank you all

Dave Robinson

Quicken user since DOS 1.1 (1983)
Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @Dave Robinson,

When did this issue begin to occur? After a recent update?

If you don’t mind, could you please provide a screenshot of the error message you described receiving? If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments. Please remember to redact any personal information as needed.

Thanks!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Dave Robinson
    Dave Robinson Member ✭✭✭
    Options

As you can see there are "cleared" items

Quicken user since DOS 1.1 (1983)
  • QuickUserPSP
    QuickUserPSP Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

@Dave Robinson go to Online Services tab of Account Details and check to see if "Reconcile using Online Balance" is check marked, and then try the reconciliation again.

• Mitch50
    Mitch50 Member
    Options

I am having the exactly same problem, and it started after an update on/about 1 February 2024. I have a checking account I have used for years with Quicken, and it has always done well with download and reconcile - until now. I get the same popup Dave Robinson posted. There must be some weird data condition you just started checking for that causes the popup. Yes, the "Reconcile Using Online Balance is checked." I can SEE unreconciled checks and other transactions, but I would hate to have to start doing this all manually - it obviates the need for QUicken in the first place. Please advise what can be done.

• QuickUserPSP
    Options

@Dave Robinson and @Mitch50 - try this - go to the Online Services tab in Account Details and uncheck "Reconcile using online balance", then go back into the account register and do a reconciliation (Ctrl+R). You will see this pop-up reconciliation box -

Select "Use online balance" and check "Always use Online Balance…..". If you Auto reconcile after every account update, also check "Auto reconcile…" as well.

After this done, click on Ok, and then try the reconciliation again.

• QuickUserPSP
    Options

@Dave Robinson and @Mitch50 try this - on the Online Services tab in Account Details, uncheck "Reconcile using online balance". Go back into the register and do a reconciliation (Ctrl+R). You should see this reconciliation pop-up box -

Select "Use online balance" and check "Always use Online Balance…". Check "Auto reconcile…" also if you reconcile after each account update. Hit Ok, and then try a reconciliation again.

(This might post twice because the first time, it seemed to have disappeared)

• QuickUserPSP
    Options

The other thing to check is the online balance when you reconcile. Click on "Balances" at the bottom of the reconciliation window. Compare this online balance with the running balances in your register to verify that the ending balance corresponds to the ending balance in your register.

This discussion has been closed.