Issue Syncing Schwab 529 Plan with Quicken

Options

When I try to add my Schwab 529 plan to Quicken, I can sign into Schwab and locate the account. Upon locating the account, it shows the correct balance. However, once I click "Finish" and the account displays in my Dashboard, the account balance shows as $0 with no transactions. Can you please help?

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @wprieb,

When did this issue begin to occur? After a recent update? What is your connection method with Charles Schwab? You can see the connection method by navigating to Settings > Downloads > Connection Type. Are you receiving any error codes or messages? Which instance are you connecting to (see screenshot below)?

Let me know!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• wprieb
    wprieb Member
    Options

Hi Jasmine - Thanks for your help. This has been occurring for the past couple years. I have never been able to get it to work. I consistently update my Quicken software. My connection type is Quicken Connect. I am not receiving any error messages. I am connecting to the first instance in your screenshot (Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. schwab.com).

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

I can see a couple connection options specifically for 529 accounts. I recommend that you backup your Quicken file and test to see if connecting to one of those options works better than the connection you're currently using.

Please let me know how it goes!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• wprieb
    wprieb Member
    Options

I have tried connecting using the other sources but none of those can even find my account. The one I mentioned that I used was able to find my account and recognize the balance until the account is displayed on my dashboard. Then it shows as $0.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

Due to the nature of this issue, I recommend that you contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance, as they have access to tools we can't access on the Community and they are able to escalate the issue if needed. The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I apologize that I could not be of more assistance!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.