New Accounts not included in Existing Budget (Q Mac)

Options
KFern
KFern Member

I finally broke down and updated my Quicken 2016 on my MAC to SAAS last November 2023. Smooth sailing until I got a new credit card a few weeks ago. My 2024 budget actuals do not include transactions from the new account. I've searched Q site and see they resolved in a May 2020 release. v5.x. (don't remember exact build). I'm on v6.12 and it's almost 4 years after the fix.

I'm still having this issue. I don't understand. Is this still a known issue? Are others experiencing this? Did I miss something in the support site?

I also saw another resolution posted on another ticket where someone said they resolved by deleting existing and creating a new budget. That's kind of insane for a fix. I put a lot of work into my budget in December 2023. Sure it's only end of February - I could be annoyed and re-create. But what happens when I add another new account six months from now? Do I have to create a new budget every time I add an account? Um, that doesn't seem right.

Any suggestions? What am I missing?

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @KFern,

When did this issue begin? Do you receive any error codes or messages?

Let me know!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• KFern
    KFern Member
    Options

Hi - I got the card in February. First transaction was 02/10. Budget was reviewed and all good at end of January - probably checked on it 2/1 or 2/2. I added the new credit card to my accounts and synced with bank for auto-downloads probably about a week ago after I got home from travel. So between 02/21 and 02/24. Went to review my Feb budget numbers this morning and it was out of whack. I deleted a transaction and added back into a different account that was opened in 2023 and budget updated. Since I'm only dealing with less than a month of transactions, it's easy to see the out of balance in the actuals is the total amount spent in the past 2.5 weeks on the new account.

I didn't receive any error codes or messages either. I was active last week in Q once/maybe twice. And then again this morning. When I was updating last week, I wasn't looking at the budget. I save that for my month-end fun activity. Any insight on an easy fix would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

• KFern
    KFern Member
    Options

Also quick note: I'm seeing this on the installed app on my Mac and the web view. Web view was what I used to confirmed the missing account too. The budget feature is slightly different than the app but does show a simple easy to read list of transactions. All my accounts that were set up prior to the 2024 budget and a part of the budget are listed. The new account - not on the list.

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

@KFern Just to make sure we're all on the same playing field, in your budget in Quicken Mac, is it set to include All accounts? That is, if you click Edit Budget at the top left, then click Select Accounts at the bottom left, is it set to All Accounts? If yes, try clicking Selected accounts and seeing if your new credit card account is in the list and is checked. Click Save, and on th budget, check to see if your recent purchases on this credit card are showing up as expenses in the budget. (You might want to make a bogus test transaction to one category for a large amount, like $10,000, to make it easy to see if that expense is showing up in the budget).

I just added a new test credit card account, and created a single $5,000 expense transaction. Then I one to my budget, and I could see the $5,000 expense in the February column, in the category I used.

I have never used the web interface, so I don't know how the budget functionality there works or compares with the desktop application. Since you're using the web interface, are you using Accounts > Sync to Mobile in the desktop app after editing transactions, to force the desktop to sync with Quicken Cloud. If you've entered or edited transactions in the web interface, when you launch Quicken on your desktop, are you doing Update All accounts? Have you tried also doing Sync to Mobile at that time to see if that gets both places back in sync with each other. (I'd note that I, and many of the longtime users here, don't use the web interface or mobile app, because the syncing functionality, while great in theory, seems to sometime cause users problems with one side or the other overwriting newer data on the other side. I don't want to tell you not to use Quicken's cloud services, but I'd tell you it's an area known to cause some problems, so you need to watch it closely and make sure things sync properly after using one or other other.)

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • KFern
    KFern Member
    Options

I'm in a meeting RN but I'm going to check as soon as the meeting is over. If it's that simple, I'm going to kick myself! I'll keep you posted. Thanks,

• KFern
    KFern Member
    Options

OMG! Two things: I've been using Quicken since the early 2000's and I was certain I clicked on every option last night. Yes, I completely missed adding the account. I did the Select Categories but missed Select Accounts. Oi vey! I'm all good now. Man do hate when I can't figure out simple things. Thank you both so much!

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

@KFern Don't beat yourself up; Quicken is deceptively complex with all the options and configuration flexibility users have demanded they build into the software. I'm glad it turned out to be a simple solution!

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.