venmo multifactor authentication

Options
Procopio
Procopio Member ✭✭✭

Everytime I update venmo quicken asks me to authenticate. Why does this happen every time? Shouldn't it just happen once?

The authentication works and I don't have any trouble downloading transactions. It's just that I have to authenticate every time.

Quicken Classic Deluxe on Windows 11

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @Procopio,

You might need to call/navigate to the Venmo Website and enable third-party access (or something to that extent). One common cause of repeated 2FAs is that there is never an actual connection settled with the bank's servers causing every download to trigger as if it were a new account. If contacting Venmo, I suggest requesting to speak to a tier 2 agent or supervisor as they are generally more familiar with third-party applications such as Quicken.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Procopio
    Procopio Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Am I the only one having this problem? It seems like there would have to be a solution.

I called Venmo and spent 30 minutes on the phone with Tier 2 support. They told me everything looked good on their end. There must be a setting in Quicken. But there is no setting in Quicken that I can see.

Do any other Quicken users have this problem? How were you able to solve it?

• Procopio
    Procopio Member ✭✭✭
    Options

BTW if you ever need to talk to a human at Venmo here's how to do it. https://www.reddit.com/r/venmo/comments/17mhpj2/how_do_you_talk_to_an_actual_human_being_that/

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Procopio,

Unfortunately, there is no setting in Quicken. The 2FA requirements come directly from the financial institution and it's servers which Quicken does not have access to.

I apologize that we could not be of more assistance.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Procopio
    Procopio Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Venmo tells me it's Quicken's issue and there is nothing they can do.

Quicken tells me it's Venmo's issue and there is nothing they can do.

I hate this.

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The 2FA demand is coming from Venmo. Q is merely displaying what they're sent.

I.E., Venmo is lying to you.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

This discussion has been closed.