No Transactions When Adding New Card

Options

So I tried adding 2 new cards from 2 different banks and I have the same issue.

Everything connects fine, but all it does is add the account and an entry for "Opening Balance". It does not add any of the actual transactions. If I do an update it still does not download any transactions even though everything shows to have gone through fine.

My older accounts (even with the same institution) seem to download fine.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @dreamingat30fps,

In order to better assist you further, could you please provide the names of the financial institutions you are experiencing this issue with?

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• dreamingat30fps
    Options

Amex and Capital One. I already have an old Capital One card in Quicken and it downloads transactions just fine for that one.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

How new are the accounts? Are there any posted transactions that should be downloading? How old are the missing transactions (most financial institutions do not make more than 90 days history available)?

Also, please be aware that there are known issues with both of those financial institutions where some people are seeing either incomplete downloads, or no downloads at all.

If you haven't done so already, please follow these troubleshooting steps (from the Community Alert) for the American Express card issue:

1. Backup your Quicken file.
    2. Deactivate all the accounts associated with American Express (AMEX).
    3. Navigate to AMEX's website, (https://www.americanexpress.com/), look for third-party apps, and unlink Quicken. The steps to locate third-party apps within AMEX are below:
      1. Sign in
      2. Account Services
      3. Security and Privacy
      4. Manage third-party permissions
      5. Revoke authorization for Quicken
    4. After the accounts are unlinked, return to Quicken, and attempt to Add the AMEX accounts by using the "+" button.
    5. Carefully relink your AMEX accounts with the corresponding Quicken accounts.

If the issue persists after you have followed these steps, please reach out to Quicken Support for further assistance.

For the Capital One card, please follow these steps (from the Community Alert) to troubleshoot the issue:

1. Backup your Quicken file.
    2. Deactivate all the accounts associated with Capital One.
    3. Navigate to Capital One's website, look for third party apps, and unlink Quicken.
    4. After the accounts are unlinked, return to Quicken, and attempt to Add the Capital One accounts by using the "+" button.
    5. Carefully re-link your Capital One accounts with the corresponding Quicken accounts.
    6. For Windows ONLY:
      1. Click on "Tools"
      2. Select "Online Center"
      3. Make sure that "Capital One" is selected in the account dropdown
      4. Hold CTRL + SHIFT + Click on Contact Info
      5. Click on "Reset DTStart"
      6. Perform a One Step Update. 

If the issue persists, please contact Quicken Support for further assistance.

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.