forced to renew early

Options

i was not able to download bank information until i renewed my subscription four weeks early. the time was added on to my renewal but i should not have been deprived of my membership a month early. if i chose not to renew, quicken closed my permissions down a month early.

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @cars11,

Before you renewed, were you received subscription expired pop ups? If that is the case, and your subscription is not actually expired, you can resolve this without needing to renew through troubleshooting. While you have already renewed and won't need to perform these troubleshooting steps now, I wanted to go ahead and provide it to you for future reference in case you ever run into this problem again.

A false "subscription expired" notice can be resolved by signing out of your data file completely and then signing back in to refresh the registration token for your Online Connected Services. However, we do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

1. Navigate to Edit
    2. Preferences...
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Click Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out
    6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password

Hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Mikeys2
    Mikeys2 Member
    Options

Hi All,

I have used Quicken for many years and it is satisfactory. I DO NOT USE any online banking features.

I renew quicken every few years for some features, but essentially bookkeeping is the same.

I OBJECT TO THE HARASSMENT AND TAKING OVER OF MY SCREEN TO ADVERTISE QUICKEN!!!

I have paid for the product over and over and only require the balance sheets.

How can you let me use the product balance sheet?

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@mikeys NO, You didn't pay for the product. You paid for a license to use the product subject to the terms of that license … which includes what happens when you don't renew.

And, unless you're running Starter Edition, which becomes read only when the license/subscription lapses, you should still be able to manually input transactions to produce those Balance Sheets.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• jadney
    jadney Member ✭✭
    Options

The same thing just happened to me: I suddenly got a popup saying that my subscription had expired, so I was unable to use any online services. Offhand this seemed too soon, so I checked my quicken subscription and found that it still had 7 months to go.

So, is this a bug, or is it by design?

I was able to recover by jumping thru the hoops described above (sign out and sign back in), but that's not really acceptable for most users. Is this getting fixed, or is it part of a ruse to get people to pay their subscriptions 7 months in advance?

• hengwen138
    hengwen138 Member
    Options

The same ANNOYING subscription expired notice has been popping up for me several times each work session.

I have automatic renewal set up, and when I check my subscription/membership status is says it will automatically renew in June, two months from now.
    Quicken also frequently asks me to sign in again, after I've been working in it continuously for hours. That's when I get the subscription expired notice.

Both are often triggered while trying to import a QFX. That's when I decide to just take a break and close the program in frustration.