Tracking Options - Calls/Puts/Straddles, etc

Options
mx4cc
mx4cc Member ✭✭
edited April 6 in Investing (Windows)

I'm on Q Classic for Windows vR54.16 Bld 27.1.54.16, Win11 Enterprise.

I would love to have a module added to Quicken, and would even be willing to pay a few extra $$ for tracking my Options investment. Searching the Internet, there are lots of fancy, dancy, XLS files, some free, some not. Such a module would properly list the Security, and allow an investor to track what strategies are working best, i.e. Long Call Options vs. Short Call Options, Puts, Straddles, Straggles, etc. This module would also allow you to enter, and track the strike prices, strike dates, and maybe even have an alarm, or notice set by the user for upcoming strike dates so you could actively sell to close, roll them over, or let them expire, etc. I'm about to start trading options on my TDA and ETrade accounts so am anxious to see how that works out. Based on what I've read on the forums it doesn't look too promising.

Currently, I can download Options, so far only testing with Fidelity. Problem is the Security field in Q is listed as the Security PLUS Option Call date + Strike Price, etc. For now, I've been manually renaming the Security Field to show the actual security and update the memo field with the data showing the original info I referenced earlier. The transaction type I change to Buy/Sold, or Remove, etc.

Any chance of getting something like this added? What would be the process to make this happen? I'd be happy to participate in any beta testing, and or customer facing input on this.

Thanks!

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @mx4cc,

Thank you for coming to the Community to share your feedback! If this is a feature you'd like to see added to future versions of Quicken, I would recommend creating an Idea post. Ideas that get enough votes may be implemented in future versions of Quicken.

For instructions on creating an Idea post, click here.

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.