Investment balance is not syncing properly between desktop and mobile (iPhone) app.

Options
Alik
Alik Member ✭✭

Every time when i sync a desktop file my investment balance on iPhone App instead of being replaced is added to a previous balance. When I use any browser on my PC that particular account displays a proper balance. I think it has something to do with App. Please advise.

Thank you.

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Alik,

If you haven't already, I suggest resetting your cloud data from your Quicken desktop program and see if that may make a difference. However, before doing so, first, verify that the Dataset name and the File name match each other identically by navigating to Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts (see below). 

If they do not match, please click Edit dataset name and change the Dataset name to match the File name exactly the same (do not copy the file extension: ".QDF"). 

Then, click OK in the preferences window and proceed to save a backup (just in case). From there, please follow the steps below to reset your cloud data.

1. Sign out of your Quicken Mobile/Web app(s)
    2. On your desktop program go to Edit
    3. Preferences...
    4. Mobile & Web
    5. Make sure sync shows it's ON and click on Reset your cloud data
    6. On the following screen you can leave the preselected option for "No, just reset my Cloud data", type Yes in the entry field to confirm, and click Reset
    7. Wait for the sync reset to finish
    8. Navigate to the Mobile & Web dropdown menu 
    9. Select Cloud Sync to resync your data and to make sure no errors occur
    10. Wait for it to finish syncing 
    11. Sign back in on your Quicken Mobile/Web app(s)

Once that is done, see if the issue still persists.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Alik
    Alik Member ✭✭
    Options

… data set and file names are the same and I did reset cloud data, but problem is still there

I did that past Sunday and after I reset cloud data it introduced issues CC-800 with my citibank accounts which I fixed with Quicken customer support rep. assistance.

• Alik
    Alik Member ✭✭
    Options

it didn't work… I removed that account from syncing

• Alik
    Alik Member ✭✭
    Options

… same data set and file names I also uninstalled App from iPhone and re-installed it. Via Web browses on PC that account looks fine… only an issue with an App. I removed this account on desktop from syncing to avoid this mismatch and my frustration. Hopefully Quicken tech. support will realize an issue with their App representing investment account balance.

• Alik
    Alik Member ✭✭
    Options

Hello @Quicken Anja

As you can see both Dataset and File names are identical… and I did reset my cloud data past Sunday exactly how you suggested in your post… and it didn't work. Instead it created another problems - CC 800 error for several of my Citibank accounts and it took Quicken customer support representative an hour and a half to fix that error and when I mention to him an issue when my investment account balance doesn't properly displayed in my mobile app he suggested not to reset cloud anymore. But @Quicken Anja, I'm still confused why only that investment account shows wrong balance in App and all my other accounts are fine and why via any Web browsers on my PC that account is also display a proper balance assuming App and Web are 'looking' at the same dataset. I also deleted App and all associated data from my iPhone then reinstalled an App, but it also didn't fix that problem. I think is something wrong with how an App 'calculates' or 'present' a balance for an investment account.

Thank you.

This discussion has been closed.