Synchronizing mobile app and online version

Options
BLongJr
BLongJr Member
edited April 6 in Using the Mobile App

When I update downloaded transactions on the online version of Quicken for Mac those updates are not reflected on the Mobile app. Is there a step I am missing?

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @BLongJr,

To start with, I suggest that you try to reset your Quicken Cloud. Doing so does not affect your data file nor other Cloud Accounts (if applicable). However, before you begin, please save a backup of your data file first (just in case). Then please, follow the instructions below.

1. Navigate to the Quicken dropdown menu 
    2. Preferences... 
    3. Mobile, Web & Alerts
    4. Use the toggle button on the left to turn Sync OFF 
    5. Click Disable Sync
    6. Navigate to Connected Services
    7. Click Reset (click Reset again on the pop-up box)
    8. Once the Reset completes, navigate back to Mobile, Web & Alerts
    9. Use the toggle button on the left to turn Sync ON
    10. Click Enable Sync

Once that is done, see if the issue still continues to persist.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

When I update downloaded transactions on the online version of Quicken for Mac 

Need some clarification - as there is no "online version" of Quicken -
    - Quicken Classic - desktop installed software
    - Quicken on the Web - a browser accessed website that is Sync'd to your desktop Quicken via the Quicken Cloud
    - Quicken Mobile App - an App for IOS or Android - that is Sync'd to your desktop Quicken via the Quicken Cloud

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• BLongJr
    BLongJr Member
    Options

Quicken Anja, Thanks for the directions on re-syncing. After going through that it made no difference. I them logged out of the mobile app on my phone and logged back in. That seemed to accomplish the re-sync. I guess I will need to do that each time I access the mobile app.

Thanks very much for your assistance.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

From what I have seen whereas Quicken Web has a "sync now" Quicken Mobile doesn't. It might sync periodically, but not "automatically" when a sync from the Desktop to the Quicken Cloud dataset is done. A quicker way to update it besides logging out, might be to create another empty data file and sync that. Then in the Quicken Mobile app you can switch between the two from the menu and back again. It will sync at that point. It is a bit faster than having to log back in.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.