Bank of America all other states - can no longer connect

Options

after the laterst update can no longer connect to bank of america to download transaction.

deactivated the account however can no longer add it or connect to bank of america .

any updates please help

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @charlie,

To help troubleshoot this issue, please provide more information. What is happening when you try to reconnect the account? Are you getting any error messages? If not, could you please describe what is happening that prevents you from reconnecting?

I look forward to your reply!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• JohnHDouglas
    JohnHDouglas Member ✭✭
    Options

I have essentially the same issue. When I ran Update in February I was notified that Quicken had changed the method of updating (I think with a reference only to Bank of America, but the notice was only on the screen for a short period of time and I don't recall exactly what it said). I later discovered that no transactions after 1/22/2024 were in Quicken. I have run Update several times since then and it does not add any Bank of America transactions after 1/22/2024 - and there have been many of those transactions. Updates ran properly before for Bank of America (and have done so since the update feature became available - and I have had Quicken running with that same Bank of America account since 1/1/1997). Is there any way to fix this? I am hesitant to deactivate or otherwise screw with the settings for my Bank of America account for fear of trashing all of my past Bank of America transactions. I could, I guess, go to my first Quicken backup after 1/22/24, update, and hope for the best. My fear in doing that is that the entries for my Capital One and Citi credit cards would be missing (and they have updated properly since 1/22/24).

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Probably your Bank of America account needs to be re-authorized. Back up your data file just in case, then go to the Online Services tab for the account and click on Reset account. Follow the instructions carefully. If you are asked to match your accounts in Quicken to BoA accounts, be sure to match them correctly, selecting Link and the correct account for the existing accounts.

QWin Premier subscription
  • Art149
    Art149 Member ✭✭
    Options

My issue is much the same. However I download BOA transactions for four accounts each weekend. Seven days ago it was fine, today the bank website shows current transactions but none are downloaded. Quicken connection via Express Web Connect+ seems normal but zero transactions download and there is no error notice. I'm running Version R 55.15, Build 27.1.55.15. Not sure if there was an update implemented in past seven days. I'm also cautious about trying Jim Harman's re-authorization solution.

Art149

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If you do a backup before re-authorizing it is low risk because you can revert to the backup if something goes wrong.

I have had several EWC+ connected accounts, including Bank of America, where transactions stop downloading with no error message. This issue was corrected when I reset and re-authorized the accounts.

QWin Premier subscription
  • Art149
    Art149 Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks Jim. Like you I have been using QW for more than 20 years. I don't recall when I last used Reset but it was a few years ago. That time, after Reset my download was all the transactions for the prior six months and it took awhile to sort things out - and I did make a full backup before hand. That is why I'm still cautious.

Now, for the current issue with Bank of America - the problem has gone away. Today I tried the download again and it worked as expected. Go figure. :)

• bfrost1505
    bfrost1505 Member ✭✭
    Options

I have this same issue that began just after the latest Quicken update. When I attempt to do an update my UBS accounts download but the the BoA progress circle just stops, never resumes and the only option to regain any control is to open task mgr and end Quicken app session. There is no error message. I attempted to reauthorize BoA accounts and once requested for an account the progress icon never stops spinning and again the app is locked up and stopped only via task mgr.

• mjonis
    mjonis Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Add me to the list.

It says I need to sign in and then says:

Sign into Bank of America - All Other States bank failed. Try again

Sorry, the sign in failed due to timeout or a connection error (ironically I'm actually logged into the BofA website during this time)

Select Sign in to authenticate via your web browser

You click the "sign in" and it give you the same error.