Paycheck detail history getting deleted if Future Reminder is deleted (edit)

Options
gazenick
gazenick Member ✭✭

I need to follow up from a prior issue raised a month or so ago (see link below to the original post which is now closed)

Since the prior post, I discovered the issue that causes this problem to occur. Namely, there is a recurring paycheck reminder that I deleted, and it was following the deletion of this paycheck reminder that the issue occurred (i.e., paycheck history being erased/overwritten).

The paycheck reminder is for a job I have left, so I was seeking to remove that reminder. Upon deleting the paycheck reminder (current and all future reminders) and then updating transactions online, that is when the paycheck history was impacted/erased. It's also important to note that it is ONLY paycheck history related to this particular employer/paycheck reminder that is impacted. All other, prior pay detail/history from all other prior employers (going back to 1998) is fine. So, there appears to be a link between deleting the future paycheck reminders for this particular employer and the impact to paycheck details/history for this employer.

I'd like to get rid of the recurring paycheck reminder for a job I'm no longer in, but I don't want to do so if it will continually corrupt my pay history (including allocations to 401(k), tax payments, etc., etc.).

Thanks for your help in resolving!

Tagged:

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @gazenick,

Thank you for the follow up. If it causes you to lose information you don't want to lose when you delete it, you can recover that lost information by restoring a backup, but that will bring back the unwanted reminder also.

Due to the nature of this issue, I recommend reaching out to Quicken Support directly for further assistance since they have access to tools we can't access on the Community and they can escalate the issue as needed. The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I apologize that I could not be of more assistance!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• gazenick
    gazenick Member ✭✭
    Options

thank you!

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If there is a real bug causing your problem, Quicken should definitely fix it.  

But while you're waiting for the fix, there may be something you can do to improve on your current situation.

If your primary reason for wanting to delete the paycheck reminder is that you no longer want it to "remind" you, try modifying its current "Start date" to be many years in the future.

Also, If you are not making 401k contributions via your paycheck; you can create a plain Split transaction for the paycheck (as opposed to using the Paycheck transaction created by the Paycheck Wizard), without losing anything but the aesthetics of the Paycheck form  I believe paycheck plain split transactions are less vulnerable to corruption than Paycheck Wizard paycheck transactions. You can test the theory in a test Quicken file. Also, plain split transactions can have an "End date".

[I also think Quicken should consider modifying Paycheck Wizard reminders to have the same customizations that are available to other reminders - such as the ability to assign an "End date" to the reminder.]

You might also consider using Quicken Help > Report a problem, to inform the Quicken developers. Send your sanitized data file and your log files. You won't get a reply, but the developers will have actual data to help them find the problem.

-JP

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 10
    Options

Deleted - duplicate post.

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

This discussion has been closed.