Schwab new transactions not downloading with one step update, again.

Options

Schwab new transactions not downloading with one step update after new patch update today 3-13-24

I checked my accounts at Schwab and there are new transactions in all 4 accounts. Quicken One Step Update for Schwab is launched and the Update Summary shows "4 accounts updated, 0 new transactions". I then re-set online services for the 4 Schwab accounts. Online services for all of the accounts is setup. Quicken finds the accounts at Schwab and a screen appears for linking the downloads to the appropriate accounts. Quicken then downloads the transactions. This 'workaround' works once and then needs to be repeated whenever I need to download transactions for my Schwab accounts. Quicken for Windows Premier version 55.13, Windows 11, both latest updates and patches.

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Rick8,

When did this issue begin to occur? Are you receiving any error codes or messages? What is your connection method with Schwab? You can see the connection method by navigating to Tools > Account List. What type(s) of accounts are these (checking, savings, investment, etc.)?

Thanks!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Rick8
    Rick8 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Quicken Jasmine,

Schwab new transactions not downloading with one step update after new patch update yesterday 3-13-24. Charles Schwab is investment accounts and the only connection available through quicken is Express Connect (remember the issues with the changeover from Direct Connect last year!!!!!!!!????). Never had any problems with Direct Connect.

Have done a validate, super-validate, reset accounts, deactivated accounts reactivated, reinstalled program (but since quicken does not date or offer specific program patches anymore, I can't go back to the previous patch!).

Reset and deactivate/reactivate works, but only until the next one-step-update. Then you have to do it all again to download 1 time again.😡

• Craig Marlowe
    Craig Marlowe Member ✭✭
    Options

I have the same issues. When I perform an update, I get the message that the update is complete, but there are no new transactions showing (I know there are transactions to download.) Another time when I reset it, I received the message that the account didn't exist. Then I received the message to fix it. So I "fixed it, updated again, got the message that 71 of 105 quotes had been updated with the fix error. Before resetting my three accounts that I have been having issues with again I saw that the three accounts had a successful download (still no updates showing.) Then I deactivated and relinked the three accounts again. Still no updates.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Rick8,

There is currently a known issue with Schwab accounts not downloading or missing transactions. Please see this Community Alert for more details.

That said, since you mentioned this issue started after a Quicken program update, it is possible that this issue is a file specific issue. If you haven't done so already, I recommend restoring a backup from before this issue started, and test to see if this issue persists in the newly restored file.

Hello @Craig Marlowe,

Please follow these troubleshooting steps from the Community Alert:

1. Backup your Quicken file.
    2. Deactivate all the accounts associated with Charles Schwab.
    3. Navigate to Charles Schwab's website, (www.schwab.com), look for third-party apps, and unlink Quicken.
    4. After the accounts are unlinked, return to Quicken, and attempt to Add the Charles Schwab accounts by using the "+" button.

If the issue persists, reset the cloud:

Windows:

1. Click on "Edit"
    2. Select "Preferences"
    3. Go to the "Mobile & Web" tab
    4. Click on "Reset Cloud"

Please let me know how it goes!

(Ticket #10603094)

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Rick8
    Rick8 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Quicken Kristina,

Did all you suggested. Still an issue.

• McGarrett5oh
    McGarrett5oh Member ✭✭
    Options

I have the same issue and it also started on or about March 14, 2024. When will this known issue be resolved?

• crescere
    crescere Member
    Options

I used to have Ameitrade and they were sold to Schwab. Did you all resolve this issue? I need to know if I have to transfer out of Schwab. The thing is that I use Think or Swim and only Schwab has it. I have been experiencing no downloads from Janus, Touchstone, and Empower. Fidelity and Vanguard still work, but I also need Schwab to work.

• mkbca
    mkbca Member ✭✭
    Options

Schwab is still having problems. Got Chase and Merrill Lynch to finally work but Schwab holdings have not update since January BUT the associated checking account last updated in March! Go figure.